Hotwire Hotel: 4* Boston (Beacon Hill - Downtown Boston) The Ames

LoganCircle
By LoganCircle,
in

I studied the Better Bidding hotel lists for both Hotwire and Priceline -- as I have in times past -- before taking the jump to purchase an unnamed hotel on Hotwire. I got the Ames for $185 night during Labor Day Weekend, which is exactly the hotel I wanted as it's the area I need to stay in. Very pleased. (I have stayed in the nearby Kimpton Nine Zero at full price and had zero complaints, but knew it was more expensive than the Ames. The Ames is only two blocks away with very similar amenities, so hardly an inconvenience.)

The Ames website was advertising $247 a night, which is still a decent price for the level of hotel and area, but the Hotwire deal -- thanks to Better Bidding -- has saved me more than $65/night in rates alone, not including taxes. I would not have risked the purchase without Better Bidding's message board guidance. 

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're pleased with the results.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities HOTWIRE shows for this property when viewing your purchase history using the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks... have a great stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, I do believe the keywords that Hotwire provided may have been a little skewed. Or maybe not -- see explanation!

I am traveling to Boston for a family funeral. I need to be in the Beacon Hill area, so originally booked the Ames directly online for $247.20/night. The reservation confirmation specifically stated "No pets allowed." Once I realized I had time to reconfigure a new price for the area, I consulted Better Bidding, and subsequently canceled my full price reservation for the Ames.

After studying the Better Bidding message board, I was more confident about what hotel I would get with the blind reservation. On Hotwire, this hotel -- to eventually be revealed as the Ames -- came up with a description including "Boutique" (most important to me), "free internet, restaurant, business center".....and....."pet friendly". (There may have been one or two other descriptors that escape me now that the deal is over.) 

So I do recommend that anyone who requires a truly pet-friendly hotel to call the Ames to confirm before they consider bidding / booking blind for this area or hotel level. Perhaps they do take pets (with deposit?), or perhaps the Hotwire description is out of date. Confirm before you hit the "purchase" button!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]