Priceline Hotel: 4.5 or 5 Star NYC October 18 - October 21

BHilt
By BHilt,
in

Hello All-

I am staying in NYC for an anniversary weekend October 18-21 and am looking to scoop up a super nice hotel.

My area is somewhat flexible and I feel it is easier to say that the only area off limits would be the financial district. If I could be close to the Park, that would be a plus.. but I am very flexible... more just looking for the nicest option at the best deal.

Thanks

Jimbo034,

The Fall is high-season in NYC.

If you need help with an upcoming trip, and your plans are firm, please start a NEW TOPIC.

BHilt,

Happy Anniversary :wub:

PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 4.5* hotel in the MTE zone for $315/nite, and using code METRO6 will give you an extra 5% OFF, making this well within your budget:

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Fitness Center

Free Internet

Business Center

... my guess for this one would be The Benjamin.

Does this work for your needs for this stay? Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Unfortunately... I know the misses is a bit picky and the Benjamin looks a little dated for her tastes.... Would any of the express deals happen to be the surrey, quin, royalton, or something else with more of a contemporary/newer feel?

Thanks again for the help and will make sure to use to PRICELINE / HOTWIRE links when bidding/purchasing.

I know the misses is a bit picky...

Fortunately she picked you! ;)

What about any of these PRICELINE EXPRESS offers:

4.5* hotel in the Times Square zone for $337/nite with:

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Fitness Center

Business Center

... my guess for this one would be the Intercontinental New York Times Square

OR

4.5* Central Park South for $387/nite (less 5% using METRO6):

Pets Allowed

Fitness Center

Free Internet

Business Center

... my guess would be the Loews Regency

OR

5* Downtown for $332/nite

Pets Allowed

Fitness Center

Business Center

... my guess for this one would be the Conrad New York

Do any of the above work for your needs?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Those could be some good options.. thanks again for the help.

I took a look at Hot.wire and the other PRICELINE EXPRESS deals and was wondering if you had any ideas on the following:

Hot.wire- 4.5* Hotel $285- Amenities; Free Internet, Fitness Center, Restaurant, 65% recommend (but only on a small population). Compare to $473. Depending on possible options, I may be willing to risk the low recommend as it is only based on 9 reviews. Any thoughts on what this could be?

PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal- 5* Central Park South $445- Pets Allowed, Free Internet, Restaurant, Business Center, Fitness Center, 9+ rating.

Thanks again

For the HOTWIRE hotel which zone is this located in? I do see a $285/nite hotel in the MTC zone, but it has a different amenity set (and given your wife is 'picky' i would be cautious of the 65% user recommendation, even if based upon a low number of responses)

I'm not certain about the 5* CPS property... my guess would be The Pierre New York, but if so, the user review rating doesn't meet the 9.0+ specified by PRICELINE EXPRESS, so i have my doubts about this guess (and i would have less concern of this one given the 9.0+ user review rating)

Let us know whatever you decide or if we can be of further help, but do keep in mind that if you are interested in any of the above you should act sooner rather than later, as any of the properties (or their current prices) could disappear at any time.

The Quinn is located in the CPS zone, but i don't have any strong feeling of it being this particular property as the amenities are common at most 5* hotels in the city... i would buy this one more based upon the confidence you have in the 9+ user review rating than necessarily with the expectation of any specific property.

Ajasmineflower,

Fall is high-season in NYC.

Please keep all posts for your own stay in the Hotwire NYC thread you have started for your own trip (as well as follow-up your previous Long Island City hotel thread)

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]