Hotwire Hotel: 3* Newark (Secaucus - Meadowlands) Clarion Hotel Empire Meadowlands Hotel

gouch3
By gouch3,
in

Hi

I would like some help to identify two hotels in Secaucus-Meadowlands and Newark Intl Airport EWR area. We are looking for two rooms (4 adults) for October 10th to 14th.

1) Secaucus-Meadowlands

3 stars

85$/night

65% recommended

Room type : Hot Rate

Ameneties :

Free Parking

Free Internet

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Self service laundry

Internet access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

My guess would be the Clarion Meadowlands

2) Newark Intl Airport EWR area

3.5 stars

93$/night

90% recommended

Room type : Hot Rate

Ameneties :

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

I think that this may be the Hilton Gateway at Penn Station.

Thank you in advance!

I'd agree with both of your guesses, but will 'caution' that the amenities for the Newark EWR property are common for this area so i wouldn't be too surprised if it were something different (but the Hilton would still be my best guess)

Is the purpose of this stay a less expensive alternative to NYC? Will you have a car(s)?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm familiar with both and here are my thoughts...

Hilton Gateway provides easy access to NYC via the PATH train, although thru the end of this year there is no weekend service to the World Trade Center, so for the Sat and Sun dates you would need to transfer to the 33rd St line (at Journal Square). The area around this hotel is generally fine during the day (especially midweek when the nearby office buildings are open) but on the weekends it can get a little rough and i wouldn't walk around the area at nite.

Clarion Meadowlands recently changed brands (used to be the Crowne Plaza... long before that a Hilton). If you land this hotel there is a bus stop 2 blocks from the hotel that you can walk to and take the bus into the city (as well as a nearby Park N Ride if you wanted to drive there... both of these options would be cheaper than the train from Secaucus, although this would still be an option if you desired). There is a convenience store and a few fast food restaurants nearby, but other than that not too much that you can walk to...although less than a 5 minute drive there are a number of name brand factory outlet stores (unfortunately it's a dying shopping location and many of the stores have trouble staying in business)

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help with any questions you have about the area.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As I expected we got the Clarion Hotel Empire Meadowlands. Used the link provided. Here are the ameneties for this hotel :

3*

Free parking

Free Internet

Pool(s)

Restaurant

Business Center

Self service laundry

Internet access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

From 10/10 to 10/13

96$ CAD/night/room (691$ CAD total) for two rooms, for four adults

Thank you for the replies and advices!

Congrats on your success. :)

Certainly a nice win for this property and hope you are looking forward to your stay.

Thank you for letting us know about the change in amenity set for this Hot.wire property so that we can update the site's Hotwire Hotel List.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for.

If you're interested in driving about 10-15 minutes for dinner this is a great local Italian restaurant nearby (great pizza as well as most other menu items) although parking in the area can be a little tough:

Trattoria La Sorrentina

7831 Bergenline Ave

North Bergen, NJ 07047

Have a great trip and let us know if you have any questions about the area which may help with your stay.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]