Priceline Hotel: Strategy for 5* in Stuttgart, Germany

calla
By calla,
in

I need a room for 2 adults, September 27-30 in the Central area of Stuttgart.  I used the Maps.Hotels tool and the 5* Steigenberger on Priceline is $245 and on Hotels..com $267.  Priceline "Name your own price" indicates that a 5* is the "best deal".   Any advice on a bidding strategy?

I used the MAPS and HOTELS.com tool and the 5* Steigenberger on Priceline is $245 and on Hotels.com $267.

What are the 5* hotels you're seeing in this zone as i'm not seeing any 5* hotels offered when searching MAPS and HOTELS.com for your dates.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When I posted on Aug. 20th, the 5* Steigenberger Graf Zeppelin was listed at $245 & $267.  Today only Hotels..com shows this 5* hotel but the price is now $487.  I think I'm going to have a problem finding a decent hotel in this city within my budget.

Is it possible you previously searched for 8/27-8/30 (since the calendar defaults to the current month and rates for these August dates are closer to the prices you posted (slight variation due to currency fluctuation))... either way, what is your current game plan given current rates?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm almost positive I entered the correct dates.  Now I have changed my plans slightly and need September 28 & 29th only.  Using Maps & Hotels, the two 5* hotels are listed as $253, 237 and 215.  I haven't used this tool before so I'm not sure how it is supposed to guide my bidding.  The Altoff website is showing rates of $186 for the 28th and $236 USD for the 29th.  Suggestions please.

• 2 weeks later...

I've since learned that there is a beer festival (2nd largest in Germany) and agriculture festival being held in Stuttgart during my dates.  So I gave up on the Priceline/Hotwire route and was able to reserve the highly recommended City Hotel for $145/night.  I didn't think I would be successful with bidding on a hotel because most were sold out.  Thanks for your help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]