Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Midtown East) Waldorf Astoria New York

windfall
By windfall,
in

So I'm currently trying to decide whether or not to take one of the express deals or to try and bid for something instead for this weekend. My budget is pretty flexible and I only need a room for 1 so I'm not too worried about the size of the room. That being said I would like to see a show or two while I'm in the city so a cheaper rate would be nice.

I'm looking at the express deals right now and the one that jumps out at me is: 

4 stars in Central Park South at $146/night with restaurant (I'm guessing that's the 6 Columbus?)

Is it worth trying to bid for something else or are these about as good as it's going to get at this point in time?

As a side note, I also did a search on hotwire and they had a 5 star at $247/night in midtown. Is it worth considering a listing with a higher price point like that, I'm wondering if the increased cost is accompanied by a similar increase in quality.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

When traveling solo i still like a 'nice' hotel, but i wouldn't spend $100 more per nite for something luxurious or over the top unless i was traveling with my wife/family.

I'd agree with your guess above of the Columbus Hotel for this one... also note that code METRO6 will take an extra 5% OFF the listed rate in NYC.

This seems like a good deal to me, you could try bidding on PRICELINE up to the rate of this one (after the extra 5% OFF) but you may or may not want to consider the CPS zone in your bidding as you could end up with the Hudson Hotel which has notoriously small rooms (i know your traveling solo but so you'll have to decide if this would/wouldn't be an acceptable outcome for you)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed OR how it goes if you take the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the advice! I agree that since it's just me, there's no need to spend that much more for just luxury. There's a few more express deals I'd like help in trying to ID:

4* Midtown East $136/night Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Fitness Center, Business Center

4* Times Square - Theatre District $171/night Restaurant, Fitness Center, Business Center

4.5* Midtown East $168/night Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Fitness Center, Business Center, Bed Choice available.

Best guess/comments for each:

4* Midtown East

--> Intercontinental The Barclay

4* Times Square - Theatre District

--> i'm seeing this for $163/nite, but assuming the same hotel, my guess would be the Millennium Broadway Hotel 

4.5* Midtown East

--> Omni Berkshire Place

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, I figured it couldn't hurt to try and bid on a hotel with the same star rating and up to the same price point as the express deal. Definitely used the board's [url=http://www.betterbidding.com/clicks/click.php?afsrc=1&id=40]PRICELINE[/url] link to book as well.

Ended up with the Waldorf Astoria New York at $160/night which I'm pretty happy with. Lots of history in the hotel. I hope it lives up to the hype.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]