Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (North Michigan Ave - River North) Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza

musicdance
By musicdance,
in

Priceline:
I've looked at betterbidding.com before to see what bids other people have won in the area/star levels to decide how to bid on Priceline Name Your Price.
I feel like there may be other tricks and resources that I am unaware, so please feel free to share with me any advice.

It's my first time bidding in the Chicago area. 

I want a 3.5* or higher and pay a max of $150 a night.
Any suggestions on star level I can get for that price and how much I should start bidding?

Thank you!

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

I've looked at betterbidding.com before to see what bids other people have won in the area/star levels to decide how to bid on Priceline Name Your Price...

We're glad to hear the site has been helpful to you in the past, but it would be appreciated if you started to share your win(s) with the board so that others can benefit from the information, just as you have been helped by those who posted before you.

I want a 3.5* or higher and pay a max of $150 a night.

Any suggestions on star level I can get for that price and how much I should start bidding?

Which zone(s) are you willing to accept? Are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3.5* OR is the goal the least expensive 3.5* or better for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I will definitely remember to post wins from now on. I've finally learned how to post on the site!

I would accept a 4* as long as it stayed within the $150 max, but it has to be in the North Michigan - River North zone. 

4* for $150 would be great, but 3.5* fine too. The list 3.5* hotels in that zone all have good reviews.

Not clear...

Is the NMA-River North zone the only zone you're willing to accept?

If so, did you first want to try for a 4* hotel up to your maximum $150/nite (that's bid price, correct?) OR would you prefer to try for the least expensive 3.5* or better in this zone?

Please confirm and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry, I'm still pretty new at this.

Yes I am only willing to accept the NMA-River North Zone.

To be honest I'm not really sure what I prefer. I just want a good deal, without getting the worst hotel in that star level like it has happened to me in the past.

Is it better to attempt to bid $150 (my max) for the 4*? 

Perhaps I have been bidding incorrectly in the past. I usually begin bids at a low price and work my way up.

Really the only way to go about bidding is to work from a lower level and move higher. If you attempt to bid higher to try to avoid a particular property or properties, you could very likely end up overbidding for the same property you would have gotten for cheaper.

If you have not been pleased with PRICELINE's results, my suggestion would be to look at Hot.wire, where you can make an educated guess as to which hotels are showing and have a greater chance of getting something you may like.

Let us know your thoughts and we would be happy to offer further suggestions.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Congrats on your success. :)

Very nice deal for this property and glad you are pleased with the win. Given where this property is situated, a number of rooms offer pretty exceptional city/river views. If this is of interest, I'd recommend calling in advance to try and negotiate room placement or asking at check-in. If you can't get a river view room, there is a little bar area off to the side near check-in that offers good views. Where this property is is not readily apparent - you have to go into the building and then take an elevator - the hotel takes up the top half of the building.

Please let us know if you have any Chicago questions and thank you for letting us know about the change in star rating for this property so that we can update the site's Priceline Hotel List.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]