SMF Sacramento Fullsize Hertz

austroamericandad
By austroamericandad,
in

Hot.wire and others were around $35/day. Tested the waters with $15/day for a Full Size - just out of curiosity, since I haven't done this for a while. Got counter offer for $33.

Started another bid with $25/day for a Standard Size - got counter offer for $31.

Rejected this - got a "one time re-bid" offer - tried $27 - got rejected and counter offer again for $31.

Since I rather wanted a Full than a Standard (they sometimes come with GPS included) I didn't mind the $2 more, so I went back into my rejected bid for a Full Size and booked it for the counter offer of $31/day.

Moderators: This may be something for others to note permanently - or maybe it is already somewhere:

If you got a counter offer, you don't have to accept it right away. It always stays in your "trip history" as rejected offer. If you open it from there for review, you can still book the counter offer, even though you rejected it originally to bid again below it.

Cheers,

Georg

Congratulations on your success... NICELY DONE!

Glad to see you're pleased with the deal you received on this rental.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the rental company that accepted your winning bid so that we can add this information to the topic title.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Have a great trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Rental company is Hertz - thanks for reformatting the topic title and sub-header - I couldn't do this once it got posted - can only edit the content, not the title.

The hotel win report form has the nice helper functions - really great! But now I have even less  practice what needs to go where. Is there any way to add a small hint under the fields with an example?

Thanks for managing this forum!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]