Priceline Hotel: 2* Philadelphia (Airport PHL) Airport Waterfront Inn

wrmatl
By wrmatl,
in

Warning!!! After winning this hotel I researched the reviews and noticed numerous subpar reviews and complaints regarding bed bugs. I promptly contacted Priceline asking what I should do and this was their response:

Thank you for your patience while we researched your issue with The Airport Waterfront Inn.

We apologize that you are unhappy with your hotel accommodations. We do evaluate each participating hotel on many different criteria,including cleanliness, guest satisfaction, décor, etc. We are sorry to hear that this hotel falls short of your expectations. We contacted the hotel and spoke with Mr Patel (Front Desk). The hotel informed  us that they are infested with bed bugs however, they have changed the bedding in all the rooms and by the time of your checkin

date all the bedding will be completely changed hence, you will not face any inconvenience during your reservation.

If you do find that you experience problems while at this hotel and the front desk is unable to assist, please contact our Customer Service department for further assistance.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist you!

<<<>> Basically see what happens when I get there. Not acceptable. Please beware of bidding in this zone with a 2-star rating. Clearly, Priceline is not reading their own user's reviews.

After a few more emails and two innaffective calls with Priceline about this reservation, the bottom line is this, Priceline is ok about providing substandard hotels when you book via Name Your Own Bid. They don't read their own customer's review and they claim they can't do "anything" if there is a problem since this is a non-refundable reservation.  When I told Manuel that I will have my credit card company refute the charges, don't worry about the refund, the question now is do they want to keep a loyal customer.  Their answer, "I'm sorry, we can't do anything." Great - time to move on.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]