Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown East) InterContinental The Barclay

Rocker
By Rocker,
in

For time period 8/23 - 8/25, both hotels 4 and 3.5 stars have same price at $150.  Not sure which one I should choose. Thanks a lot.

New York City, Midtown East

4 stars, 90% recommended

• Pet friendly
  • Fitness Center
  • Restaurant(s)
  • Business Center
  • Internet access
  • Accessible path of travel
  • In-room accessibility
  • Accessible bathroom
  • Roll-in shower
New York City, Midtown East

3.5 Stars, 95% recommended

• Restaurant(s)
  • Self Service Laundry

Is it possible to identify hotels at PRICELINE EXPRESS deal?

For time period 8/23 - 8/25, NYC midtown east:

4 stars: Guest score: 8.0,   $154

Guaranteed Amenities:

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

3.5 stars: Guest score: 8.0   $139

Guaranteed Amenities:

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

Thanks you for the help.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

HOTWIRE

4* - not seeing this property on a current HOTWIRE search for your dates

3.5* - no guess

PRICELINE EXPRESS

4* - common amenities for NYC but i'm guessing the W New York or The Barclay InterContinental

3.5* - Hotel Boutique at Grand Central

Also, remember that the code metro6 will take an extra 5% OFF PRICELINE EXPRESS deals in NYC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare,

Thanks a lot for the help. 

HOT.WIRE:

The 4 stars property is still there. Could you please advice which hotel it could be?

Priceline Express:

4 Stars:  I really want Barclay InterContinetal. But I found a 4 Stars hotel  is for same price $154 "Midtown East Boutique Hotel" at HOTWIRE. So the one at PRICELINE EXPRESS must be W New York which I don't want.

Any advice?

Thanks again.

I see the 4* MTE property for $150/nite now... best guess would be the Doubletree Metropolitan.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Lat minute deal, The lowest price I've gotten.  :D     It showed up yesterday morning at $152 but  was too busy to book before it disappeared.  Another 4 stars hotel at MTE also showed up yesterday at $156 (Boutique and 85% recommended), it might be W New York Hotel (?) which I don't want. 

By the way, Yesterday Price.line had a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal, 4 Star / Midtown East (Pets, Business, Restaurant, Fitness) rate at 8.0 or higher for $152, not sure if it's the same hotel. If it's, PRICELINE EXPRESS would be cheaper (lower taxes&fees + 5% discount).  

By the way,  besides star rating and amenities, if this forum could add  (% recommended)  to the info of Hotel lists, it would be better help to id hotels.

Win Hot.wire  hotel information: 

InterContinental The Barclay

90% Recommended

the full list of amenities:

Pet friendly

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Accessibility

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Congrats on your success. :)

Awesome deal for this NYC property and glad you are pleased with the win.

The issue with % ratings on HOTWIRE is that there is nothing to check the current rating against, as there is with tripadvisor when tripadvisor ratings show on HOTWIRE listings. The other concern is that there have been times when the % rating has been seen to change from search-to-search (in addition to the underlying rating changing frequently over a short period of time). 

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

As noted above the percent recommendation shown by HOTWIRE has not been a reliable indicate for hotels which is why we don't include this information.

As for your win above, i'll add you're also near my often recommended Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St) which has one of the best bagels in the city, makes for a nice, and relatively inexpensive, breakfast among local NYers.

Have a great trip!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]