Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (North Michigan Ave - River North) Sheraton Chicago Hotel Tower

delhiite
By delhiite,
in

Hi,

New to posting, though I have followed the forum for a few months. Trying to bid for a Hotel in chicago

Dates: 14th - 16th August (Not flexible)

Zone: Millennium Loop - Grant Park (preferred)

North of Michigan River

Star: 4* and above

Max $: $140

I tried unsuccessfully for last couple of days bidding from $90 all the way upto $140. Should I try bidding for one night and try to extend it? Would appreciate all the help. 

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

I assume you have bid both zones up to $140/nite at the 4* level?

My guess is that you're likely looking at the $170-$190 area for a 4* hotel in one of these two zones... in the $150-$170 range for a 3.5* property.

Unless you're willing to (likely) change hotels each nite i wouldn't split as the chances of you being able to land the same hotel at the same price would be somewhat low given your current rejected bids and that your dates are cover midtweek and weekend dates, imo. HOWEVER, if you are willing to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID, i do think you can get a 4* for each nite at $150/nite or less (average rate)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the input. I was thinking of splitting it but really don't want the hassle of changing the hotels. So was trying to get something for both nights. I have backup reservation at Congress Downtown but trying to stay within $150 range in the loop (if possible). I did try bidding both zones together, haven't tried North of River alone. Should I?

So will give it another shot tomorrow for the land will also keep checking how much the express deal. I see right now PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for north of michgan river at $150 for 14th and Millennium for 15th at $157, both are 8.0 guest rating

If you have bid both zones together and were unsuccessful, bidding one zone at a time will not result in a win unless inventory changes.

Do keep in mind that the reviews for the Congress hotel are not very good, so personally i would be willing to go even a bit higher than your current pricing since this would be dramatically increasing not only the star rating of your hotel, but likely the user-experience as well.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Definitely would not recommend the Congress, at all - it was the site of the longest hotel strike in the world, which lasted a decade and ended (article) last year. I would much rather recommend splitting the stay with the NMA PRICELINE EXPRESS deals you mention.  I'll note that Hot.wire isn't offering anything as reasonable when splitting the stay, so I'd consider taking the PRICELINE EXPRESS option soon.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I am now thinking of taking the Priceline Express as I see $150 for both days.. 1st in North of RIver and 2nd day in the Loop.  Before I do that, I am going to give one more shot to the Loop and go up to $175. I just saw a express deal for 4* for both nights (Loop) for $189, so hoping it will work. If the bid is not taken, then will do Express booking.

Can you identify what Hotel this could be?

North of River: 4*, 8.0 guest favorite, has pool, restaurant, business center, fitness center and pets allowed

Loop: 4*, 8.0 Guest favorite, has pool, fitness center, business center and pets allowed.

Thanks again for your wonderful input!

Tried my luck again bidding for both nights together. Went upto $185 in both zones, yet no luck. Then decided to Split the night and won.

Saw Express deal as follows

NMR (14th) at $150

Loop (15th) at $157

Decided to Bid each night starting at $120 and added re-bid zones and increased price by $5 and won the following.

14th - North of River Michigan - Sheraton Towers - $135

15th - Millennium Loop - Hilton - $145

Overall Happy with the Price. I just need to change the Hotel on Friday, which shouldn't be such a big problem. :)

Thanks y'all for your valuable input.

Congrats on your success. :)

I think you managed a terrific result, with two very different locations that are convenient to different things. Changing hotels should not be too much of an issue and the hotel on the second day should be able to hold your bags if the room isn't available yet.

Please let me know if you have any Chicago questions.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could post the Hilton stay as a separate thread.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]