Priceline Hotel: Should I bid?

gmag
By gmag,
in

Hello!

I will be staying in Chicago for one night on the 3rd of September and I noticed that there is an PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for a 4.5 hotel in North Mich. Ave for 67$. This is a great deal but I cant help but wonder if I could go lower than that through name your price. Should I just go ahead and take the deal or try bidding? 

Many thanks  :)

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

I think the issue becomes that the difference between the Express deal and bidding, especially when you get down towards the likely "price floor" is going to be less and less. When a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal is $67, the spread between bidding and a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal is not likely to be all that significant.

I'm seeing a 4.5* with pets, pool, fitness, restaurant, business. The $67 PRICELINE EXPRESS deal is noticeably less than other 4/4.5*'s downtown for these dates. My guess is that it's likely the Intercontinental. 

You could certainly try bidding and may win in the $55-62 range. If you could get the Intercontinental for $55-60ish, despite the fact that the regular rate is low for these dates, I think that's a really great price for a 4.5* in Chicago in general, given the fact that those prices are really usually only seen in Jan/Feb, when the only people who want to come to Chicago in the middle of Winter are likely those who have to.  ^_^

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have any questions before bidding. I don't think you can go wrong at the 4.5* level downtown and $55-62 for a 4.5* would be a tremendous deal, especially if you're just primarily looking for a place to sleep and will be out much of the time.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

If you need help with a bidding strategy let us know, but i wouldn't sit on this too long as you're likely not too far from the 'floor' in pricing for this property, so there is more likelihood of prices increasing substantially then rates dropping substantially.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]