Priceline Hotel: 2 star Marina Lombard St. EXPRESS $151 please help identify 8/21-8/24

GoodDeals4Me
By GoodDeals4Me,
in

PRICELINE EXPRESS

Bed choice

Free Parking

Free Internet

Free Breakfast

It says save 25% or more

Bed options include 1 kind or 2 double bed with fridge, one option also gives microwave for $155. (for half that you can get a 4 star in SJ area, yeah, I know SJ blows, but SF is 4X as expensive!!!)

No guest rating which worries me, plus it's a 2 star, never went that low before, but dang, this city is crazy expensive for one without magnificent tropical beaches. Worried about booking it but when I heard downtown SF hotels are $60 with taxes a night, I didn't want to bid on any hotels knowing this.

Thanks!

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Seal Beach Priceline thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to take a look at the above post.)

Additionally, for this San Fran stay, please confirm your desired max budget per night and which zones would be acceptable.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

BIG CLARIFICATION!!!

So sorry I meant $60 for PARKING a night above, with taxes, for most downtown SF hotels, not for the price of the hotel. I didn't specify, duh.

How ridiculous did that sound that I would have issue with $60 a night hotel, especially in SF hahah.

Thanks for reminding me, I went and posted on the Seal Beach deal.

This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but I'd guess the America's Best Value Inn Golden Gate would be a definite possibility. I'd definitely be cautious about going lower than 2.5* in San Fran, as the properties at lower star ratings really vary in quality - you might get one that's okay, you may get one that's very much not.

What would be your desired max budget per night for this stay? You could likely get a nicer property for not vastly more, but - as you mention - parking becomes a factor.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hotwire Express

$160 a night (normally $245)

60% recommended (not a good number....)

35% off

reviews 3.5/5 on trip advisor (and also 3.5 star hotel I think....)

Anemnities:

Free Internet

Business Center

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant

I noticed this hotel may be the same one listed on expedia "unpublished rates" and Travelocity "top secret" apparently they are copying Priceline express and Hotwire Hot deals.

It this hotel was not on hotwire but the other 2 just mentioned, where would I post this topic since their split by Priceline and Hotwire only?

I noticed a hotel, same stars and location, previously named here, but not sure it's the same one, Hotel Whitcomb. I'd post the link but can't because my copy and paste function stopped working :(

Never b4 has it as important as now to know the hotel name, because SF parking prices are insane highway robbery.

Thanks for any help!

• 4 weeks later...

This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but I'd guess the America's Best Value Inn Golden Gate would be a definite possibility. I'd definitely be cautious about going lower than 2.5* in San Fran, as the properties at lower star ratings really vary in quality - you might get one that's okay, you may get one that's very much not.

What would be your desired max budget per night for this stay? You could likely get a nicer property for not vastly more, but - as you mention - parking becomes a factor.

I never got notification of the email above even though I signed up to receive responses, ugh.

I stayed in S.L. rather than S.F. to save $, bought straight from hotel.

Thanx for the follow-up and closing this thread.

I can't answer why you didn't get any email notification. We are pretty fast with answering questions. If you don't get a notification reply so please check your thread.

Please check for and use the links in our Support Page whenever possible for your non-opaque purchases, as we have links there to most of the major hotel chains and online booking agencies.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]