Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Upper West Side) The Empire Hotel

RomanSchl
By RomanSchl,
in

Hi guys!

This forum is really great and you're doing a good job here.

Now I use the first time „Priceline“  and I had no luck with a succesful bidding.

For our first USA vacation, I would like to book a hotel in New York with following „must have criterias“:

hotel level
   5-Star Luxury
   4 ½-Star Deluxe Plus

areas
    Chelsea Area
    Downtown - Financial District
    Lower East Side
    SoHo - Tribeca
    Union Square - East Village

Travel dates:
     October,24 till November 2, 2014 (9 nights)

What kind of price/night bid should I start for a realistic chance?

Thank you for your support.

With kind regards and nice greeting from Austria
Roman

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Unfortunately, this is a busier/expensive time of year. Also adding to it for this period is the fact that the Marathon happens at the end of it, 11/2, which will cause higher rates for the night before and possibly the night before that.

What would be your desired max budget per night for this stay?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you for your quick response and the nice welcome.

For our NYC visit, it is very important to book a centrally located hotel with good public transport connections. Luxury is not necessary.

The hotel should be provide a good average standard and should be clean.

I would pay $130/night/room. Is that a realistic price for PRICELINE?

Do you have a good  recommendation for me to realize a nice city trip in a good hotel?

With kind regards from Vienna.

Roman

Unfortunately, for a 4* you are likely looking at at least $175-185 and in most zones probably over (or well over, depending) $200. At the 4.5* level you are likely looking at closer to $300 and at the 5* level likely closer to $400.

$130 for a 4.5* is seen really during the slowest period of the year, around January-mid-March. The Fall and first half of Winter are often busy/expensive in the city.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Congratulations on your success!

This is a nite hotel that should work out well for your plans as you're near the Columbus Circle subway stop which will give you a few different subway lines to take you wherever you'd like in the city. Rooms here are a little small (as are many NYC hotel rooms) so you can try asking upon check-in that since you're here for an extended stay if they can assist in assigning one of their larger rooms, if possible.

Also, as the Marathon is on your departure date of 11/2, if you're departing from LGA or JFK leave some extra time to get a taxi and/or to the airport as there will likely be road closures and traffic getting to the east side (if you're leaving from Newark/EWR it's less of an issue).

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. Let us know if you have any questions regarding the city that we can assist with.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]