Priceline Hotel: Rejected bids - Madison Downtown - $175 for 3.5*, $110 for 3*

biddingdan
By biddingdan,
in

Failed bid information for those interested in Madison Downtown in Wisconsin.  I bid repeatedly, in early February, mid-May, and mid-June, for July 9 through July 13. (I used the BB [url=http://www.betterbidding.com/clicks/click.php?afsrc=1&id=40]PRICELINE[/url] links.)

It must have been a busy summer week and weekend in Madison. Hotel websites and Kayak/Orbitz/Expedia showed a number of hotels in the neighborhood with no availability.   I called a front desk for a hotel and asked why there was such little inventory. Reasons included festivals, cultural/music events, weddings, etc.

On PL, I even tried separating the weekdays from the weekend, to no avail.

Rejected bids were up to $175 for 3.5* and up to $110 for 3*.

Wound up using a group rate at the Best Western Plus Inn on the Park for $150.  (Priceline's idea of "Downtown" for Madison stretches all the way to the Alliant Center, which is almost a 30(!) minute walk from the Capitol, so I wasn't going to risk placement near Alliance for such little savings at 3*.)

Also, general advice for Madison bidding -- some of the neighborhood names / star levels available in given neighborhoods changed between each time I tried bidding. So don't rely on your previous lists. Re-create or double-check your neighborhood star-level lists / free rebid zone sheets each bidding session, since Madison seems more chaotic than other cities.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]