Priceline Hotel: NYC Aug 9-11 2 bed room

JennyBug123
By JennyBug123,
in

I am traveling with my family to NYC and will be arriving in NYC on Saturday, August 9 and leaving on Monday, August 11. My parents will be sharing a room, but my brother will not sleep in the same bed as me because he is weird, so we either need a room that has 2 beds, or an option to add a roll away bed. I feel like it is hard to figure that in and that most rooms in NYC are a single bed. We are looking at a 3 star or higher and are open to most areas because we love to walk (as long as we feel safe). We would like to pay around $150, but willing to spend a few more $$. I am new to this, so when I put in some info into priceline I got a popup that says express deal midtown east area $142 per night and downtown financial district area $144 per night with bed choice available. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!! You can always suggest to my brother that he is crazy and he can deal with it for 2 nights.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

Your brother's refusal to sleep in the same bed is going to cost your parents some extra money and currently puts all options i'm seeing beyond your budget.

When you require 2 beds in the room you have two options:

1) search HOTWIRE for 2adults/2children in one of the rooms

2) use PRICELINE EXPRESS and choose a property that shows a 'Bed Choice' and where one of the choices offered is a room with more than one bed

Unfortunately both options above yield no 3* hotels at $150 or less.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just spoke with a friend and he suggested staying to Jersey City to cut on costs, what are your thoughts? 

Lets say that one bed will work. What are my options from there? I believe another friend of mine uses priceline and stays at Club Quarters Midtown for about $150 a night.

What do you think of the express deals that popped up when doing my search? Did I provide enough information?

• 1 month later...

Can you elaborate on how your friend is able to get Club Quarters for $150/night?  Is that also the weekend rate? Do you know if they have a parking garage?

The potential CQ was for these dates, which were during a somewhat slower time period. Rates really vary significantly from day-to-day and seasonally.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]