Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Union Square East - Nob Hill) Sir Francis Drake, a Kimpton Hotel

pamwinn
By pamwinn,
in

I tried to post this once and it disappeared. :huh: I will try to patiently enter the info again. I started bidding (used the Priceline link here) several days ago for a precruise stay from 8/27-8/30. I needed 2 rooms. I noticed the rack rates were freaky high...as in 4* for $400 + in all the areas I was interested in which included USE, SOMA, Financial District and Fisherman's wharf. I was using the creative rebidding strategie which can give you more rebids than you know what to do with in a city with zones like SF but having no luck up to my maximum of $200 per diem in a 4* or above. I decided the prices were just way too high and decided to investigate why. I discovered a 20,000 person convention is going on from 8/25-8/28. When I changed my trip arrival from 8/27 to 8/28, things looked better. Rack rates were back to high for where I live but probably typical for San Francisco. I started bidding at $100 and at $160 I won the Sir Francis Drake. It's not my hotel fantasy but as long as it's clean and comfortable, I think the location is what I was looking for. Last trip I won the Palace and the Intercontinental (SOMA) each for under $100. At that time the Palace was the oldest and the Intercontinental was the newest hotel in SF and it was fantastic in both. After that experience almost anything is sure to be a letdown. Now I have to rest up and begin the post cruise bidding. Happy bidding to all!

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed here over the Fourth of July weekend.  We absolutely loved the charm and cleanliness of the property.  Be sure to ask for a room with a view when you check in. I assure you that you won't leave disappointed.

The only word of caution: the rooms here are NOT the standard size hotel room found in modern properties. They are much smaller, but you will find them to be newly remodeled and well cared for.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]