Priceline Hotel: Harrisburg, PA 3.5 star hotel and priceline

ilovelife
By ilovelife,
in

I am about to use Priceline to bid on a hotel in Harrisburg, PA. Because the site seems to only have three 3 1/2 star rated hotels does that mean if I win I will likely be staying at one of those hotels? I find this a little confusing so excuse my ignorance. My husband is nervous to do this but I am ready to take a leap of faith and see what happens.

Because the site seems to only have three 3 1/2 star rated hotels does that mean if I win I will likely be staying at one of those hotels?

No, there could be other 3.5* hotels not reported to the board or you can get an upgrade to a 4*. So the listed hotels you see isn't a sure thing.

If you would like to get help with a bidding strategy so please post your budget/night before tax/fees, zone(s) you're willing to stay in and the star rating for the hotel.

My husband is nervous to do this but I am ready to take a leap of faith and see what happens.

Maybe HOTWIRE is a better alternative for him? If you're trying to target a specific property then HOTWIRE can often be a better option if you're successfully able to identify it based upon the star rating and amenities shown before your purchase... the trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, so you need to decide what is most important to you for a given stay, the lowest possible price OR the ability to take an educated guess as to the property you may receive.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll go from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

PS. Please follow-up your previous Miami Hotwire thread with whatever you chose to do for that stay. Please remember to always follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]