Hotwire Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Culver City) The Culver Hotel

curious99
By curious99,
in

Hotwire has this hotel in the list with the amenities listed below. Among the forum I saw that there might be 2 possibilities between le parc suites and petit hermitage. The offer price is 159 usd (list price 265 usd) and the tripadvisor's voting rate is 3,5. Evaluating all these, I am really thinking that the hotel matches more with petit hermitage but not sure about it. I really need a helping hand to settle my decision for our trip. Thank you.

Amenities:

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Suite

Boutique Hotel

Smoke Free Rooms

Restaurant(s)

Kitchenette

Congrats on your success. :)

Very nice win for this property and hope you are looking forward to your stay.

Can you confirm the amenities that were showing with this listing before purchase? This information is available under the trip information in your HOTWIRE account (click "My Account" in the upper corner of HOTWIRE.)

Additionally,  the retail rate that shows on HOTWIRE is a compilation of comparable rates for hotels in the area for your dates, not the specific hotel being offered.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Hello Aaron,

I confirm the hotels' amenities which match with offer.

Amenities as a result:

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

Accessibility

In-room accessibility

the topic should be actually 4 star culver hotel win to clarify the result. It might be more helpful for others.

Thanks for the follow-up.

I think we have the topic title correct now, please let us know if any changes are needed.

Thank you for sharing your win and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The hotel's rate is 188 usd when i checked for the same dates. How come this rate change just when i make the booking 1 day ago. Is there a coverage by hotwire for these type of changes? I will track the rate and make sure it does not get much lower. if it does, shall i exercise my insurance and cancel the booking and make it with new price? do you have any idea about this?

It's possible that rate for one of the nites of your stay has increased in price or it could just be simply fluctuation in HOTWIRE pricing... try to focus on the $50+ savings per nite rather than if the price goes up/down $5/nite. ;)

Not sure if you bought the insurance thru HOTWIRE or on your own, but typically the insurance covers sickness and other specific items... not the price going down or you changing your mind.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I got the insurance from Hotwire. I just read the coverage for reimbursement and you are right it does not really cover arbitrary cancellations. I just sent a mail to hotwire customer service explaining the situation. I will share their thoughts with you also but I do not feel good with the situation. I explained them why I am not feeling good. First runners should not be taken as idiots. The system should create a win-win situation for everyone and it should be more advantageous for the first comers. I know everyone has to make a profit from the system but the scale should be focusing the customer more rather than the seller as time passes. I will wait for their reply and look for the price of the hotel daily. thank you for your support again.

I am curious about this issue also. I have a booking made just 2 days ago for 193 dollars to a 4*hotel in L.A during the last week of September meaning 2 months earlier than our planned trip. Just now there has been a change in hotwire for this hotel and the price is 184$. I am really curious where they will settle the price for this hotel and when it will be settled. I tried reading for best time for making these purchases. People do not have so much clue about the timing etc. I read the forums and it only covers issues regarding bidding strategies wheras I am talking about the hotwire's flexible pricing strategy. I opened this topic for people to share their examples so that customers can understand and exercise their bookings more feasible.

Few points...

1) you don't know with 100% certainty that the hotel currently offered at $184/nite is the same one that you purchased

2) one of the nites of your stay could have decreased in price by $20 (making the HOTWIRE deal $5 cheaper over your four nite stay... or maybe two nites decreased in price by $20 or maybe all four nites decreased by $10/nite, etc, etc accounting for the now $10 difference)

Even if we assume none of the above to have occurred and that the underlying price of the hotel has not changed...

3) HOTWIRE uses a variable mark-up in their pricing. The variation in the mark-up is random and there is no trend in relation to times of day, days of the week, time before the stay, etc, etc. This variable in pricing is actually the smallest component that will effect the ultimate cost of your hotel, the bigger component is the underlying price of the hotel room (before it is offered to Hotwire).

Hotel room pricing is dynamic and based upon supply and demand, or more specifically to hotels, the number of actual reservations on the books and the number of expected cancellations. If between now and your stay the hotel receives more reservations than expected and/or fewer cancellations... the price will likely rise; if the hotel receives fewer reservations and/or more cancellations, the underlying price will likely go down. Hotels have a large amount of historical data for their individual property, and also uses sophisticated software, to try to predict supply/demand and hotel pricing, but it's still a bit more of an art form than a science since it's trying to predict future events (new reservations and cancellations).

You can research historical pricing and previous winning bids to 'know' what a good deal may be for a given time of year, so that if you think $150 is a good deal and see a price of $200 you can know to wait... or if you see a price of $125 you know to jump on it; but as per above, it's more complicated than determining 'x days' before arrival is the cheapest price. As also noted above, try to focus on the multiple $10 bills you're saving than the potential $1 bills you could potentially leave on the table, and you'll become much more comfortable with and happier with the results.

Thank you for your information. I understand your point for clarifying these facts but it's weird to see that the dynamic pricing has some inconsistincies with their policies. 48 hours later, the price is reduced by 5 percent. I am not regretting the fact of my gains but do you get an interest of 5 percent from anywhere for 2 days ? Anyway, i just wanted to contribute my situation to inform people and get your knowledge about these facts so that people can make better bookings. I guess we have made really nice contribution here for other people. Thank you once again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]