Priceline Hotel: 4* Vancouver (Granville Entertainment District) The Westin Grand Vancouver

samwong
By samwong,
in

Could you please help ID the following hotels.  Any assistance much appreciated.

$122 - 3.5*
Downtown - Shopping and Entertainment District
FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Handicapped parking

$126 - 3*
FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique Hotel, Smoke Free Rooms, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Tennis Nearby

$114 - 3*
Downtown - Stanley Park
FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access, Tennis Nearby

$126 - 3*
Downtown Vancouver South
FULL AMENITIES: Free Parking, Free Breakfast, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Self service laundry

$132 - 3*
FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Golf Nearby, Kitchenette, Accessible for the blind, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking

4 out of the 5 HOTWIRE hotels are over your stated $120 budget, is your game plan to try bidding on PRICELINE first? Is so, which PRICELINE zone(s) would you want to bid?

Also, will you be in Vancouver again 2 weeks later as well, or do the dates above replace the dates in your previous Priceline Vancouver thread?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is the first leg of my Vancouver stay 8/24 to 8/30. I will leave for NYC on 8/30 and return to Vancouver on 9/8.

For the 8/24 Vancouver stay, my intention is get a 3 star or 3.5 star room (max $120) either on PL or HW whichever is cheaper. I dont mind any zone except not near to East Hastings. Also near to public transportation would be a plus. I am quite keen on Vancouver South esp if it is the Holiday Inn but I dont see that coming up as often in PL or HW now.

Tks

I dont mind any zone except not near to East Hastings.

To avoid any confusion, please list the zones you are willing to accept (rather than the ones you won't accept) and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Also, did you first want to try for a 3.5* hotel up to your limit, then if rejected try for a 3* hotel... OR is the goal the least expensive 3* or better for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above and we will take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

To confirm, at the 3.5* level you're willing to bid up to $120 in:

Downtown - Coal Harbor, Stanley Park, Convention Center

Downtown - Entertainment, Shopping District

If that is rejected then try bidding 3* in up to $100 in:

Downtown - Coal Harbor, Stanley Park, Convention Center

Downtown - Entertainment, Shopping District

City Hall - Vancouver South

Is the above correct? Please confirm and we'll advise accordingly.

When bidding 4* in Vancouver you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Coal Harbor...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Stanley Park...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Coal Harbor and Stanley Park...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120

Any question feel free to ask. If the above is rejected post back and we'll advise with a 3.5* bidding strategy.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

I'm sorry... i see above i posted a 4* bidding strategy but you asked for a 3.5* and 3* strategy, did you bid the 4* as posted or did you bid at the 3.5* level? (where there are only 4 re-bid zones)

I do think you can be successful at the 4* level with another $10-$15/nite, but not sure if you prefer a lower rated hotel for a little lower bid price.

Please confirm which star rating you previously bid and which star rating you'd like to try next, we will advise accordingly.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

I bid on a 4-star strategy. If it is just an additional 10 or 15 dollars a night, I will take another shot at 4-star.

However, for the period 8/25 to 8/29, it will be just one person staying in the room since my partner will be away fishing.  I can settle for a 3.5 star, if all fails.  I am just worried, I may be left stranded with no back-up plan.

I wouldn't be too concerned about not finding a place at this point in time... your bids should be close enough to success and you have about 4 weeks before your arrival.

24 hours after your last bid attempt i would re-try (please use the links in this thread and not any links that PRICELINE may send letting you know that you're eligible to bid again):

Select 4* Coal Harbor...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $119, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $121, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Stanley Park...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $119, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $121, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Coal Harbor and Stanley Park...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $127, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $129, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $131, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Yippee :D !

Followed your strategy to the T.  Was counter-offered $153.00 when I reached $123, but soldiered on although was so tempted.  Got The Westin Grand Vancouver at my last free Whiterock rebid.  Very happy with this property (IMHO better than my earlier Sheraton priceline win of $155) and I have stayed here before.  The kitchenette will surely come in handy for my stay.

Many many thanks for your assistance and yes used your PRICELINE link.

P/S

I wonder whether I should now relooked at my NYCstay for 8/31 to 9/8.  I have a cancellable UWS 3* hotel for $189.00 (8 nites - $1779/-) which includes free internet and breakfast. I was not able to get win any hotel on the recommended strategy.  Any thoughts?  I like and am familiar with the UWS.

Congratulations on your success!

Well done! Glad to see you are familiar with this property and pleased with the hotel and deal you received.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy this leg of your trip and your return visit to this property.

I wonder whether I should now relooked at my NYCstay for 8/31 to 9/8. I have a cancellable UWS 3* hotel for $189.00 (8 nites - $1779/-) which includes free internet and breakfast. I was not able to get win any hotel on the recommended strategy. Any thoughts? I like and am familiar with the UWS.

Please continue your existing Priceline NYC thread for further help with NYC (where we had previously responded and are awaiting your reply)

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]