Priceline Hotel: 3* San Francisco (Fishermans Wharf) Holiday Inn Express Fishermans Wharf

travelswithkids
By travelswithkids,
in

Need help figuring out bidding strategy for minimum 4* hotel August 12-16 in SF - prefer Financial District-Embarcadero, but Fishermans Wharf or USE would work too. Willing to go up to 275 all in -- is that unrealistic? Tips on rebidding welcome. I've read Rebidding Explained, but have never tried rebidding before -- any tips?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Few questions to get started...

Your $275 all-in rate... is that per nite including fees/taxes OR all-in for total for the 4 nites?

Also, as your username implies, are you traveling with kids this trip and need more than double occupancy? If so, how many adults/children will be on this trip?

Let us know the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

...prefer Financial District-Embarcadero, but Fishermans Wharf or USE would work too.

4* or better, Financial District-Embarcadero...

Did you only want to bid the Financial-Embacadero zone OR should we also include Fisherman's Wharf and/or USE?

And, am I right that the re-bid zones would be (1) Civic Center South-Hayes Valley, (2) Japantown- Civic Center North, (3) Marina - Lombard Street, (4) SFO North-San Bruno, and (5) South?

The above are all  re-bid zones, but there is actually one more re-bid zone available (there are SIX re-bid zones when bidding 4* in this area... if you haven't yet, read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and see if you can determine the one missing re-bid zone (or if you're confused ask questions and we'll break it down further for you)). Remmber to always double check just before bidding to make sure that nothing has changed since you last looked.

Please confirm the information above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

YES.. you got them all now :) (but again, always double check just before bidding to make sure nothing has changed)

Rates are very high for these dates and at current prices i think a 4* at $225 or less in the Financial-Embarcadero zone may be a bit difficult, but we can start there and then consider other zones and options if you're turned down.

Using your SIX re-bid zones i would bid as follows ((NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)):

Select 4* Financial-Embarcadero...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $175, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Financial-Embarcadero and re-bid zone5...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $200, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Financial-Embarcadero and re-bid zone6...

Bid $203, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $208, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $213, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Financial-Embarcadero and re-bid zone5 and re-bid zone 6...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $218, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $220, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $223, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $225

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

not sure exactly how the taxes/fees will play out.

If you start to go through the check-out process, you'll see the total w/taxes and fees before finalizing your purchase so that you can get a sense of what the total will be.

Unfortunately, rates are very high for these dates. You can start lower and work up to $200 for a 3*, but with rates the way they are (HOTWIRE is showing a 3* in FW at $300) I think there's a chance this may not be accepted. At the 4* level, I think you're likely looking more towards the $250-265 area.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

You can certainly try the above using Fisherman's Wharf instead of the Financial District, but based upon rates i'm currently seeing, i don't know if it will help much. At the moment i think your best shot at a 4* hotel would be the USW zone in the $220-$245 area.

Let us know what you try and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you found something that wil work for your needs and budget.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities that PRICELINE EXPRESS associated with this property and showed before your purchase.

Thanks, enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]