Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Madison Square Garden - Hell's Kitchen) TRYP Times Square South

mwoodman
By mwoodman,
in

Hi! I am looking for a hotel around $200 a night! This is my first time using Hot.Wire, hoping you can help me make sure im getting a good hotel at a great rate! :)

3.5 on Hot.Wire for $196.00

Free Internet   

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Self service laundry

Internet access

4 on Hot.Wire for $204.00

Boutique Hotel

Fitness Center

Internet access

5 on Hot.Wire for $233.00

Fitness Center

Business Center

Internet access

Spa Services

Thanks in advance!!!

Deffinitely welcome any suggestions!!! Would love to stay close to the Rockefellar Centre! :)

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

The 5* has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but I'd guess the Westhouse. Keep in mind this property charges $30 a night resort fee.

4* Has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board.

3.5* I'd guess this may be a new amenity set for the Club Quarters Midtown.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I am SO impressed by this website already!! & will be recommending this to all of my friends!! We are trying to get a good deal, but aree concerned with using HotWire as it is our first time!

This sounds like an awesome deal!! Is this the Holiday Inn do you think?

$146 -  3 * Star

Smoke Free Rooms

Business Center

Internet access

Kitchenette

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

Thanks a million,

M

We will deffinitely be using your HW LINK to book! :)

$202 - 4 Star - Midtown Central

Boutique Hotel, Fitness Center, Internet access

Midtown East - $185

Pet friendly, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

$235 Midtown Central

Fitness Center, Business Center, Internet access, Spa Services

Just to try and focus the search and so that we can potentially offer suggestions that we see, are you looking for something in particular in terms of hotel? Unfortunately, the 4* MTC has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board.

Glad you are finding Betterbidding helpful! :)

What zone is the 3* in above? Also please confirm the star rating for the MTE and second MTC properties in the post above.

This sounds like an awesome deal!! Is this the Holiday Inn do you think?

$146 -  3 * Star

Smoke Free Rooms

Business Center

Internet access

Kitchenette

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

My guess for this one would be the Salisbury Hotel.

All of the hotels have a wide range of star ratings (and budgets)... if you let us know your maximum budget for this stay (per nite before fees/taxes) we can probably help point out the best options for your stay. Along these lines, i will point out that what looks like the TRYP Times Square South is available for $193/nite (with an excellent 4.5/5.0 TA rating), should this be of any interest and work for your needs.

Let us know your thoughts and more information about this stay and we'll advise accordingly.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Wow!!

I am so blown away by how helpful this Website is!!

We are a young newly engaged couple, spending our first Christmas together away from our families! We are looking to go to NY,NY and have a memorable Christmas vacation! We are there for 5 nights and hoping to spend alot of our evenings walking around and taking in the sights! Hence why location is so important!!

The Tryp hotel you suggested seems like it might be a far walk from some of the "main" attractions, ive been looking at the Mid Central area because it includes the Rockfellar Centre.

Some of the things we could like to do while in NY,

- Central Park, Fao Schwartz, Macyws Santaland, Barneys on Madison Ave, Bryant Park Ice Skating, Rockefellar Christmas Tree,

Basically the less taxis and the more walking we can do the better! :)

Thank you SO MUCH for your help! This site is AWESOME! :)

We are deffinitely looking for your suggestions as we are not familiar with the area at all! & are just looking for the best CHRISTMAS in NY experience!

Ideally we would like to spend $200 per night, but are willing to spend up to $300 to pay more for a hotel that is ideal to stay in at Christmas time in NY.

The Salisbury has been a popular bargain hotel for years and years (I stayed there as a kid and other family members have stayed there over the years.) It's definitely not going to have as many amenities as another, modern 3*, but it is also often cheaper. It's in a great location and continues to get solid reviews.  I'm seeing what appears to be the Doubletree Met for $185. I do think the Tryp would be a good location and that property does get outstanding reviews.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Of the places you mentioned: CPS, FAO Schwarts, Barney's, Tree are all in one location and you can do all of these in one stop (so it's not like your hotel needs to be next to each since you're going to each on different days)

Macy's would be very close to the Tryp TS South... Bryant Park not a bad walk at under 15 minutes (although it is winter and will likely be cold unless you get an unseasonably mild week)

HOWEVER, what about Chinatown, Little Italy, Ground Zero, Greenwich Village, Chelsea, Soho, etc... if you intend to stop at any of these places and you choose to only stay near Rock Center then you'll be further from these locations. The thing to realize about NYC is that no one place is near everything and the best, quickest, and cheapest way to get around is via the Subway. Since it will be cold, the advantage of the Tryp is that it's only two blocks from Penn Station which means you can get underground (out of the cold) fast and from there you have a plethora of subway lines to choose from which will get you close to almost anywhere in the city you want to be.

If you still want to stay near Rockefeller Center what looks to be the Hyatt 48 Lex is on PRICELINE EXPRESS for $269/nite which also gets great reviews... but if budget is a factor at all the Tryp should work out well for the reasons outlined above and even just one nite of the $70/nite savings will pay an unlimited ride metrocard for both of you for your entire trip... the savings for the other 4 nites you can figure out something fun to do with in the city. ;)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Your thoughts?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you click the HOTWIRE offer, then on the next page click the BOOK NOW button, then on the next page in the TRIP SUMMARY box on the right side of the page, click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities and if you see the following:

Free Internet

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Roll-in Shower

... then best guess for this one is the TRYP Times Square South. (your price may differ slightly by a few dollars)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

We are officially booked at TRYP!

You were right on the money with those amenities! However when I went to purchase it was coming up as $212.

I took a chance and assumed $212 was still the TRYP... and luckily it was!! & although it was $30 more/night, based on your recommendation I went ahead and booked it anyways.

None the less! We are at the TRYP thanks to your awesome detective skills!

thanks,

M

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are pleased with the outcome.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]