Priceline Hotel: 4* Cancun - Cozumel (Hotel Zone South) The Westin Resort and Spa Cancun

Twinklehead
By Twinklehead,
in

I know this is typically for 2 adults but I also have a toddler. Is it a safe assumption that the typical bed situation is a king or 2 doubles?

No, that would not be a safe assumption... all that is guaranteed is double occupancy; which could be one queen bed, one double bed, or anything else that can accommodate double occupancy.

How old is your toddler? (at the time you'll be traveling)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My toddler will just turn 4 so I guess slightly out of the toddler stage but still bed sharing capable.  I am thinking that this is the Westin and according to their website, the standard rooms are either 1 king or 2 doubles.  Of course, if I'm wrong about the hotel, then it is a gamble but I am thinking that it is the Westin.  Your thoughts?  Would I have a shot at a NYOP with a better price?

This property has not yet been reported to the board, but i'd agree that the Westin looks like a good guess and among the likely candidates.

You could try bidding on PRICELINE for a better price, but you'll need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone, which would be an increased risk in regards to the occupancy situation.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was debating just going for the Express deal at $60/nite since I was 95% sure it was the Westin.  I decided to do a little more research and see if I could get it for cheaper though since the regular listing for this hotel on those dates was going for $105/nite.  

I decided to try the NYOP and started with just the 5* option and the Cancun Hotel Zone South at $50.  ---Denied

- added 4.5* and still denied

- added 4* and still denied

-added Holbox area and upped to $51 and still denied

-added Airport area and upped to $52 and still denied

-added Cancun North Beach and upped to $54 and finally accepted!

I figure this way I get a great deal at $54/nite and I don't have to worry too much about bedding for the 3 of us since standard room options are 2 queens or 1 king.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]