Priceline Hotel: NYC hotel 9-11 to 9-18

NewYorkHotel
By NewYorkHotel,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Rates are moderately high for these dates - what would be your desired budget per night for this stay? In terms of "anywhere" within Manhattan, would you be willing to pay more for Midtown? Are you looking for the most reasonable 3.5* or would you push your budget for a 4*? Please provide more specifics about what you are looking for - thanks.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

You mention your trip as an 8 nite stay from 9/11-8/18, but this is 7 nites... is your check-out date actually 9/19?

What is your budget per nite before taxes/fees?

Please confirm the above and we will advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Most 4* hotels in the MTE zone are 'close' to a subway, but a few can be up to a 10 minute walk and one other can be up to a 15 minute walk... would this be acceptable?

In Chelsea some hotels can be up to a 10 minute walk to the subway... would this be acceptable?

UES and UWS can each go a little far north for the average visitor, are these acceptable?

Downtown is not as convenient as midtown, but is do-able at the right price, should we include this zone in your bidding as well?

With the above noted, i'd suggest including as many zones as are acceptable since your budget of $170/nite looks like it will likely fall a little short based upon current rates... my guess is that you're more likely looking at the $200-$220 bid range to be successful for at a 4* hotel at this time.

Please confirm the zones (by PRICELINE name) that you're willing to accept, as well as confirm if you want to keep your maximum bid at $170/nite for now, and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and please click each of these previous links before replying.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have done a little research and may be better placed to answer some of these questions-

Firstly, the trip has been changed to be 7 nights from Sept 11th to Sept 18th.

in terms of acceptable areas, I am not familiar with NYC at all, as this will  be my first visit, so am open to advice here.

Currently, I would like to focus on the main Midtown areas and if nothing is available within my budget, then extend the search.

Thanks for your feedback regarding budget- I can reach $200 per night for 4*, but wouldn't want to pay more than $170 for a 3*.

Thanks for your help-

At current rates your budget is going to be tough, but my suggestion would be to bid up to your limit in the following zones:

Chelsea, ESB, MSG, MTE, MTW, Soho, TS

If this is rejected i would then try again, including the following zones as well:

DT, HK, LES, Union Square

I have excluded the CPS as this zone, while well located, contains the Hudson hotel which has notoriously small rooms (even by NYC standards)... i've also excluded UES and UWS since these zones go a bit too far north for the average visitor.

Let us know if the above plan sounds good, or any amendments you'd like to make (like include CPS, UES, and/or UWS if you think any of these would be good for you) and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

When bidding 4* in NYC you have ONE re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Chelsea, ESB, MSG, MTE...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Chelsea, MTW, Soho, TS...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Chelsea, MTW, MSG, MTE...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Chelsea, ESB, Soho, TS...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Chelsea, MTW, Soho, MTE...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Chelsea, ESB, MSG, TS...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Chelsea, ESB, MSG, MTE, MTW...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Chelsea, ESB, MSG, MTE, Soho...

Select 4* Chelsea, ESB, MSG, MTE, TS...

Select 4* MTW, Soho, Chelsea, ESB, MSG...

Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTW, Soho, Chelsea, ESB, MTE...

Select 4* MTW, Soho, Chelsea, ESB, TS...

Select 4* Chelsea, ESB, MSG, MTE, MTW, Soho...

Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Chelsea, ESB, MSG, MTE, MTW, TS...

Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Soho, TS, Chelsea, ESB, MSG, MTE...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Soho, TS, Chelsea, ESB, MSG, MTW...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Chelsea, ESB, MSG, MTE, MTW, Soho, TS...

Bid $168, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]