Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Princeton - Lawrenceville (Ewing) Element by Westin Ewing Princeton

audie
By audie,
in

Can you please help me identify a 3.5* hotel in Ewing for $86?

It is 100% recommended and the amenities are:

Free parking

Free breakfast

Free internet

Pet friendly

Indoor pool(s)

Smoke free rooms

Fitness center

Business center

Self-serve laundry

I think it is Springhill Suites but this is my first time using Hotwire/Priceline so want to double check.

Also, in the EasyView tab, it comes up for $81 but I am unable to click on it (keep getting an error message). Is there any work around for this?

TIA!

Just realized that maybe I should have posted this in NJ...it comes up in a search for Langhorne, PA which was my preferred location. Let me know if I should repost this elsewhere.

I'm planning a last minute trip to the Philadelphia area from July 25 to July 31 with some flexibility with dates (by a day or 2). I would prefer to stay in Langhorne as we're going to Sesame Place.

I was unsuccessful at bidding and re-bidding in the Trenton - Princeton NJ area. I read on here about rebidding first but as it was my first time, I'm not sure if my strategy was good.

I first tried Langhorne 3.5* and then added (one at a time) Bordentown, Cookstown, Mount Holly, and Trenton. I went up to $60.

I also tried adding 3* and adding all the areas above except Trenton.

Any tips? I'm not sure where to go from here. Also, I posted in the Hotwire side for help identifying a hotel in Ewing. I see that Priceline doesn't have a specific area for Ewing. Is there any way to try to target this specific hotel (I think it is Springhill Suites)? Here are the details from Hotwire:

3.5* hotel in Ewing for $86

100% recommended and the amenities are:

Free parking

Free breakfast

Free internet

Pet friendly

Indoor pool(s)

Smoke free rooms

Fitness center

Business center

Self-serve laundry

TIA!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

If you repeat your search using our Bidding.Helper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you also see internet as an amenity?

This Hot.wire listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but my guess is that it may be the Element Ewing. There is no way to target a particular property when bidding on Price.line - you have to be willing to stay at any hotel within the zone at the star rating chosen. The Hot.wire rating does certainly appear to be a solid property, with a 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating showing on the detail page.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I first tried Langhorne 3.5* and then added (one at a time) Bordentown, Cookstown, Mount Holly, and Trenton.

Good.

I also tried adding 3* and adding all the areas above except Trenton.

Not so good... there are currently only TWO re-bid zones at the 3* level; if you include Mount Holly in your bidding you could receive a hotel in that zone as there are 3* hotels in this zone. (see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions or for help if you're unsure)

Also, as i've done Sesame Place a few times here are some of the tips we've learned:

1) get there early (before the gates even open)... i forget what time the gates open, but get there 15-20 minutes beforehand. If your kid(s) are old enough to want to go on the duck ride (to the left upon entering) go on that 3-4 times once the gates open as there will be less than a 5 minute wait and the wait can get substantially longer later in the day (if you stay late, the line starts to get shorter after 6pm or so)

2) food is 'park expensive' and long lines. Quicker/better/cheaper to pack a lunch, keep in a cooler in your car (which you'll have a close spot from getting there so early ;) ) and have a picnic lunch. I think officially there is no outside food allowed, and they do inspect your bags, but we've always been able to bring sandwiches and such into the park (so it may only be enforced for large quantities of food like a 3ft sandwich, cakes, etc). If you do have any issue bringing food into the park there is a picnic area to the right of the gates (if you're facing the gates)

3) if your kids are old enough not to be on a rigid schedule, try to eat lunch at an 'off hour' (11am or 2:30pm) as the lines can get shorter while others are eating lunch. Brings snacks.

4) activities that don't require a line (splash pool, cargo nets/playground, etc) you should do last or when lines appear to be too long (or when parents need a break)

It's a small, easily manageable park, and the young kids really love it... as much as i'm not a crowd/park person, we have some fond family memories here (we used to go in a large group of 25-30 people from the kid's schools)

Let us know how you decide to move forward and how we can be of further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the Sesame Place tips thereuare! I'm ordering my tickets online; is it worth buying the parking pass or any of the other options online before we go, or does it make a difference? Luckily they are giving free parking for the 2nd day with a 2 day pass so it's just the first day I'll have to worry about.

I ended up booking the Hot.wire deal I posted about above. It did end up being the Element Ewing. Do I need to post/update that anywhere else? Do I edit my thread title?

Thanks for both your help!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel guessed (i'm a little familiar with the area and this hotel gets good reviews)

We never bought parking beforehand... i don't know if pre-paid gets to jump the parking line or just doesn't need to fumble with cash, but i don't see any need to pre-pay for that (especially if you arrive early as suggested). If you want a character meal you may want to do that ahead of time (although i think you can call for reservations) as that may fill-up/sell-out for certain times. (we never did the character meals as 1) they're expensive, 2) would rather use our time inside the park for rides)

Not too far from your hotel:

Pennington Bagel (Route 31 North & West Delaware Avenue)

--> has good bagel sandwiches if you decide to pack a lunch to the park, also grab an extra plain bagel or two as a 'snack' around the parks

For dinner a great italian restaurant:

Palermo's III

1292 Lower Ferry Road

Ewing, 08628 New Jersey

There is also a Chik-Fil-A near Sesame Place which we usually stop at on the way home since we don't have many in my local area.

And if looking for something to do nearby for a non-park day Princeton University is not too far, is a nice place for the adults to walk about town and some open space near the university buildings for the kids to run around and let off some energy.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]