Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Portland (Downtown) Hilton Executive Tower

stravis22
By stravis22,
in

Any recommendations on what to do? We need two rooms for two nights (8/22-8/24). Double beds would be preferred as we are travelling with Children. Hotwire shows, i believe, Hotel Rose for $175 after taxes. I would love to spend closer to $100 per night. Would you recommend sticking with hotwire or trying priceline and gambling on double beds? 

What strategy would you recommend for portland pricing if i decide to use priceline?  Thanks for your help!

Regardless of whether you use PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, i don't think $100 for a 3.5* or better hotel is going to be enough based upon current rates... you're more likely looking in the $120-$140 area (i would of course start low and bid higher, and we can help you with the strategy if you decide PRICELINE is the route you'd like to take)

Usually with small children i would take the risk, but looking at The Rose, the standard rooms only have one bed, look to be on the small side (not uncommon for boutique-ish style hotels_, and don't appear to have a sofa in the room (nor a recliner which might even work for small children)... so the risk here is greater than average, imo.

It comes down to how much risk you're willing to accept, how flexible you can be if you receive rooms with only one bed, how easy going you are if an additional fee is required upon check-in to upgrade (or for a rollaway bed brought into the room, should this property offer these), etc.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

ok thanks for that advice. I checked hotwire today as i am finally ready to book. Our plans have changed slightly as we now have 5 adults and 2 small children, so we would really like 1 room with two beds and the other we could figure it out either way. Hotwire shows anywhere from $155-165 but when i click on it it says no longer available everytime. I did call the hotel rose and they do not offer roll-away beds. 

Advice for strategy on either HOTWIRE or PRICELINE? I think we would be willing to roll the dice on room accomodations but would like a 3+ star for unfer $150 if possible. Thanks!

If you search HOTWIRE for 2rooms/5adults/2children i see a $157/nite property with:

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Boutique

Smoke Free

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... which i'm guessing is the Hotel Rose.

Is this the one that you're trying to book and getting an error message? I'm seeing '3 rooms left' and when i click thru the offer i AM able to get to the payment page (i stopped there). Have you also been able to see this property when using the BiddingHelper.com and tried to purchase thru the links there?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I tried yesterday but was still getting the error message. Now when i try today, the price is $189 per night so quite a bit more than i was hoping to spend. I may wait and see if prices go back down. Any suggestions on the best time to to try for the lowest prices? 1 week prior to trip, 2 weeks, etc?

Also, i checked PRICELINE EXPRESS deals...any idea what the three star is with these amenities: Free Breakfast, Free Internet in room, Pets Allowed, Business Center, Fitness Center? It also gives bed choice of standard or junior suite.

Thanks for all your help!

The Residence Inn or Mark Spencer would be possible matches in this case, but I'd lean towards the latter.

There is no "best time" - there's no way to know if rates will come down closer to your date/s. Rates can also certainly go higher as your dates approach, especially if traffic comes in above expectations.

You can use our RateDrop service to get price alerts on Hot.wire, PRICELINE EXPRESS listings or regular rate listings.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I ended up using HOTWIRE (using better bidding links) and got the Hilton Exec. Tower for $166+ taxes. Amenities shown:

Pet friendly

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

Accessibility

Accessible for the blind

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

I would have assumed the hotel rose with the pet friendly, but i am happy with the hotel and the price. Thanks for all your help! not sure if this needs to be moved to the hotwire forum.

Congrats on your success. :)

Very good deal for this Portland property! Glad you are satisfied with the result.

Thank you for letting us know about the change in Hot.wire amenity set for this property so that we can update the site's Hotwire Hotel List.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]