Priceline Hotel: Help w finding NY hotel 7/27 - 7/30

loopylou3519
By loopylou3519,
in

I am going to NY following business in NJ. Single woman on a budget so inexpensive is crucial although I want to be in a safe area that is close to the subway.

I have been told the following are good areas: MTE, MTW, Financial District, Soho, Chelsea, Empire State, Times Square, Madison Square, MTC, UES, UWS. Are any of these safer, better, closer to touristy things than others?

I was also told Brooklyn but that seems to cover a really large area and as I've said, being on my own I don't want to end up somewhere that I have to walk a long distance to the subway as I plan to stay out late at night:-) 

Being on a budget I am hoping to stay close to $150 including all taxes and fees. I'd like to have a 3* or higher (if possible) as I like a good, safe hotel with clean beds etc. 

Thanks for any advice you can provide. Nothing like waiting until the last minute to get this done! 

Laura

Welcome to BetterBidding!

At current rates $150 all-in is going to be tough for a 3* hotel or better in any part of the city for these dates... you're more likely looking at a $150 bid price (or possibly as high as $175/nite)

Let us know your thoughts as far as if you are willing to go up in budget and/or down in star rating and we'll advise accordingly regarding zone/hotel suggestions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I wouldn't recommend dropping below the 3* level in NYC as the quality can decline rather quickly... you could receive a diamond in the rough that works perfectly for your needs, OR you could end up in a place wishing that you spent a little more.

PRICELINE EXPRESS looks like it has the 3.5* Hotel Boutique at Grand Central for $165/nite which gets good reviews and is close to Grand Central Station. You could take this option or try bidding on PRICELINE for a 3.5* hotel at a lower price, but if you do try bidding you may not receive this particular hotel and the one you receive may not be as well reviewed or as well located (there are a few hotels in this zone that can be up to a 15 minute walk to the subway). You could stick with other zones where all the 'known' hotels are close to the subway, but you still have the 'unknown' quality/location and i'm not sure just how much better you will do than this one (given it's a 3.5* rated and not too much more than your target budget)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Quick search on Hotwire has 3* in Times Square for $157/night ($588 all in) with following amenities:

Boutique, Restaurant, Business Center, Hi Speed Internet.

After cross checking on the Hotwire Hotel List, this is looking to be the AMSTERDAM COURT HOTEL

Looked on lmtclub.com (Free membership, try CLUBINSIDER167), this same hotel is $138/nt ($509 all in)...Sorry mods, just trying to save her money not send business elsewhere.. :)

It gets 3.5 stars on TripAdvisor. Good location. Close to several subway stops. As always, YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]