Priceline Hotel: 4* Atlanta (Midtown) Renaissance Atlanta Midtown

whoeps
By whoeps,
in

Hi! I am new on betterbidding and are looking forward to exchange information here.

I started bidding at 60$ for a 4.5* (I was not serious, because I still have a long time before we get there)

added 4* and raised my bid to $65

added 3.5* and raised my bid to $70

I am happy, although parking is USD 32 per night. This will be my first time in ATL so I don't know if it is possible to park somewhere else. Does any one know if this hotel has any other service/ressort fees?????

Congrats on your success and Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Really nice win for this Atlanta property and glad you are satisfied with the win.

I'd recommend looking over this discussion of re-bidding, which is a great way to approach bidding in the future. Let us know if you have any questions.

I don't believe any hotels in Atlanta have resort fees, but it will likely have fees for things like wifi and parking. Fees should be detailed on the hotel website. In most major cities, you will likely find garages nearby that may be cheaper or at least somewhat cheaper than the hotel parking, but the hotel parking may offer in/out privileges vs the garage not, plus the convenience of having your car at the hotel vs down the street, etc.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

That is actually a good win for that area, which is one of my favorites. Parking, however.... That's a tough area. You're close to a University and to the Fox Theater. I've always had to suck it up and pay what they asked. Probably the most expensive parking in Atlanta, where a lot of places offer free parking.

Glad to see somebody still having good luck with an opaque bidding site. Property managers have gotten smarter about gauging their rates, and maybe doing directly through their own websites. And maybe the economy had turned up a bit and business travelers are moving around more. Remember, that's the break and butter of most brands that use PL. 

That, and sadly I don't think people share their experiences as much as they used to. Frankly don't do as much PL as I used to myself.

@whoeps  - Some suggestions. Hope this helps.

You are in a great area.  You haven't stated how long you are staying, when, or if you are traveling with family, etc.

About parking fees.  You probably don't need to rent a car for your entire visit.  The midtown Marta station is 2-1/2 blocks away and an EASY walk (you can take a train direct from/to the airport).

Somewhere near Spring and 5th St. (Georgia Tech Bookstore), there is a zip car rental.  They do hourly car rentals. 

If you only need transportation to restaurants & bars, UBER is a driving service that is ubiquitous in the ATL.  The have a phone app that shows you where drivers are and how much a ride costs (cheaper than taxis and better). 

If your plans for Atlanta are limited to midtown / downtown / Buckhead, you absolutely don't need a car unless you are lugging around a bunch of equipment.  Let us know how you do and please provide the dates of your "win".

H4B

Thank you all for your insight. Although we were planning to walk around a lot, we are travelling by car so we are stuck with it so to speak...

We will be staying for a few days and I have done my research on things to do, which seem to be more than plenty!

I guess we will just have to suck it up and pay the 32$. I saw online that the University has parking facilities which are cheaper but could not see whether overnight parking was allowed. And it is probably busy, so a parking spot might be difficult to find.

Right now this is the only negative in my planning. Looking forward to visiting Atlanta for the first time!

My dates are in the header 8/31-9/5

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]