bidding on an International flight (Caracas to Miami)

Fahad
By Fahad,
in

Hello everyone

I'm planning to bid on a one way International flight for my sister. She is going to be traveling from Caracas, Venezuela to Miami on Aug 23.

My questions:

1-Is there a maximum number of connection stops?

2- How long each stop can be?

I tried to find any information about this on priceline website, but everything was about domestic flights!

Thank youuu

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You agree to accept at least up to one connection/layover on your flight. If there will be more than this PRICELINE will give you the option to agree/disagree to it.

I don't see the layover information anymore when searching PRICELINE's website (so i can't ensure that it's current), but here is a link to a page on THEIR SITE that previously listed the average and maximum connection times.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

If you'd like to move forward, let us know the best rate you're currently able to find for this route, how much of a discount you would need to make an 'opaque' purchase worthwhile, and your maximum bid... we'll try to assist further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

so this means I'm not going to get more than one stop right?

I've searched for flights with one stops, and I found 16 ones. The least layover is (1h 43m) and the longest is an overnight (23h 24m). So from your experiance would this be a risky bid?

Thanks thereuare

What are the rates you're seeing for this tix thru conventional booking channels? How much would you need to save to make an opaque purchase, with unknown time, routes, layover, etc, worthwhile?

Deals on airfare do occur, but in the current environment of low capacity there are fewer and fewer empty seats on plans, so deep discounts on airfare are far and few between.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I emailed Priceline with your question on the length of time for stops (layovers).  The response:

"We are pleased to answer your query regarding layover time for an

international flight.

If you choose a restricted reservation and allow us to pick your flight
times, you agree to accept a flight itinerary with at least one
connection each way. Our reservations system will determine the
connection in conjunction with the best routing for the price you
requested.

Connection times for domestic travel (travel within the U.S.), can be up
to 3 hours, depending on the best available routing. Keep in mind that
80% of domestic connections booked by priceline are 2 hours or less.

International layovers can be longer and vary by region. We always try
to make the layover time as short as possible.

If you decide to select your itinerary instead of booking a restricted
reservation, you will be presented with a list of itineraries and can
review all connection times and select the itinerary that best suits
your needs before you purchase your tickets."

So, essentially there are no longer any guarantees for the international stops if one is bidding.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]