Priceline Hotel: 3* New York City (Chelsea) Fairfield Inn and Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea

lauren5446
By lauren5446,
in

I am visiting NYC on October 16-20 and can see that hotels are more expensive in October so I hope $150 or less is reasonable for a 3.5 star...

The areas I am interested in are: 

Central Park South

Upper East Side

Midtown West

Times Square

Midtown East 

I am seeking advice on what I should bid. Thanks!

... and i you haven't yet, please read your messages.

Also, to get an overview on what a hotel will cost thru 'regular' retail channels, do a quick search at our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com (try '1 mile from NYC, NY') and then zoom in on the locations you are looking at on PRICELINE... you'll get a very good visual of hotel prices at each star rating in the area. (NOTE: if the map is too 'crowded' filter by removing all of the zones less than 3.5*)

If you confirm your maximum bid and star rating we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There is no way to know for sure if rates will come down closer to your stay, but - at least traditionally - this is a busy period and I would try locking something in sooner vs later. Prices can also very easily (and suddenly) head higher if demand is there.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

At current rates i think anything at $210 or less for a 3.5* or better hotel would be a good deal (as i'm seeing HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS rates higher than this for 3.5* properties)

Let us know once you're ready to move forward so that any suggested strategy uses the most current rates and information.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I wanted a hotel closer to Central Park, but my trip is in October and the hotels in that area are so pricey during that month! I found this deal in Chelsea on PRICELINE EXPRESS and am satisfied.

PRICELINE had a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal today for a 3 star "guest favorite" hotel in Chelsea. I decided to go for it.

Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea

$143

Business Center with Internet Access

Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room

Free Breakfast

Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi )

Thanks for all the help! Great site!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]