Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Montreal (Old Montreal - Convention Center) Place d'Armes Hotel

rubikscube
By rubikscube,
in

4.5 Stars, $235/night from Aug 5-11.

Amenities:

Free Internet
Boutique Hotel
Fitness Center
Restaurant(s)
Business Center
Spa Services

Trip Advisor: 4.5 out for 5

Hotwire customer reviews:  100% recommended.(20 total reviews)

When I click on other available hotels in the area, it says that the standard comparable hotels include Le Place D'Armes, but this one lists the Nelligen as comparable.  My wife really has her heart set on Place D'Armes for our anniversary trip and I think this could be it, but at worst I fear it could be something like the Intercontinental which has much less romantic appeal. I've only used Hotwire once before and any help is appreciated.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above? Using this method, this is what i'm seeing for the 4.5* hotel in this zone for your dates:

Free Internet

Boutique

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Spa

Wheelchair Accessible

... if this is what you're seeing, my best guess would be the Place d'Armes Hotel with a second guess of the Nelligan Hotel.

I'm fairly confident this is not the Intercontinental (which has a 4.0/5.0 TA rating, whereas this property has a 4.5/5.0 TA rating).

With the 4.5/5.0 TA rating, and the 'boutique' designation, i think you would have a very nice anniversary at this property, but since this an extended stay you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply.  If I follow through and book it for the first night to reveal the hotel, do I then make a second reservation for the remainder or do I add extra nights to the original one night stay?  Is this process quite straightforward or does the website/hotel make it difficult?  Thanks so much for the information - the Bidding.Helper tool is great as well.

You would search separately to see that what appeared to be the same hotel for the first night was also showing for the remaining nights and book separately. If successful and both are the same hotel, you should have no issues at check-in (just tell them you have two separate reservations.)

I do think that, given the 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating, there's not much risk in booking the entire stay as one.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

If I follow through and book it for the first night to reveal the hotel, do I then make a second reservation for the remainder or do I add extra nights to the original one night stay?  Is this process quite straightforward or does the website/hotel make it difficult?

You would make a second purchase as the 'add nites' feature only allows you to add up to the same number of nites of your original reservation; so in this example if you purchase the first nite you would only be able to add one additional nite.

The two risk in making two separate reservations (they're generally small risks but you need to determine if they're risks that you're willing to take):

1) there could be two hotels that look identical before purchase (same star rating, amenities, review rating, etc, etc) so you could get two different hotels on each purchase (the more amenities there are the less likely of this happening)

2) although you checked each sub-set of your date range (ie- the first nite and then the balance of the nites) and what appears to be the same hotel shows on each search, there is always a chance that the same hotel will not longer appear once you make your first purchase and are ready to make the second purchase for the longer leg of your stay

Any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

*Booking Update*

I did book the hotel, but changed the dates to August 4-9th.  I hesitated and waited a few days from the original quote and the final price was closer to $250/night (still a great deal versus other quoted prices).

The hotel was revealed as "Le Place D'Armes" and I couldn't be happier.

Thanks for all of the advice.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're thrilled with the outcome.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the room rate per nite (before taxes/fees) so we can have the correct amount appear in the topic title of this thread.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]