Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown East) The Roosevelt Hotel New York

Elw529
By Elw529,
in

I am going to NYC in December and am interested in bidding on a room. I am looking for a room from the 10th to the 14th or the 10th to the 16th. Preferably in

Central Park South

Chelsea

Midtown east

Midtown west

Madison square

My question is when should I start bidding since it's pretty far in advance. Also I was hoping to get a room for 150-160. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Welcome to Betterbidding.

The first half of December is one of the busiest periods of the year in NYC. These dates look a little better than this period usually does (at least at this point - rates can go up closer to the stay) - what is your desired star rating? Unfortunately, I think 4* and 3.5* are likely not attainable at $150, but a 3* is a possibility.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I am looking for a room from the 10th to the 14th or the 10th to the 16th.

Are your plans flexible OR not yet confirmed? What will be the deciding factor if this is a 4 nite trip or a 6 nite trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We will definitely be there from the 10th to the 16th. The double tree hilton metropolitan is on a deal right now for the nights of the 14th and 15th under 150 so if I was able to find something that would go from the 10th to the 16th I would do that but I don't know if it would be more likely to win a bid if the stay was shorter or longer.

Preferably 3 star or above.

If you're willing to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID you could get the nites of 12/14-12/16 for less than $150/nite on PRICELINE EXPRESS and/or HOTWIRE... there is even a 5* hotel for $177/nite if you're willing to pay a little more for a higher rated hotel.

However, the days prior to Dec 14 (the bulk of your nites) will be quite pricey as seasonally this is typically one of the most expensive weekends of the year (the second weekend before Christmas).

For your complete stay HOTWIRE has a 3* hotel in the ESB zone for $176/nite (i'm guessing the NH Jolly Madison Towers Hotel)... or a 3.5* hotel in the East Village zone for $195/nite (this one is also very well rated with a 95% recommendation from previous HOTWIRE guests and a 4.5/5.0 TA rating.. my guess here would be the Wyndham Garden Chinatown).

If you want to take one of the offers above for the last 2 nites of your stay, for the first four nites you're likely looking at about the same rates as above ($170-$190 range for a 3* hotel)

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The 5* for 177...do you have any idea what that hotel may be?

Its midtown central and full amenities are Internet access, Fitness Center, Business Center, Internet access, Spa Services

or what the 4* midtown east for 135, full amenities are  Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

id be willing to do a 3 star for the first 4 nights but do you think prices will get worse or better as it gets closer tot he date?

The 5* has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but given the $30 resort fee showing, I'd guess the Westhouse. I'd guess the Roosevelt as a possibility for the 4* MTE.

There is no way to know for sure if rates will come down closer to the stay, but given that the early half of December is one of the busiest times of the year, the only way rates would come down is if traffic comes in as disappointing. If it doesn't, rates could certainly go higher.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

For the first part of the trip I see one in MSG/hk for 189 a night. It's 3 stars and full amenities are

Internet access, Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible

And another that is Empire State Building 3 star for 190 full amenities FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Smoke Free Rooms, Self service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Any ideas?

Thanks so much this is super helpful

For the first part of the trip...

Please clarify what dates you're searching to have the properties/prices above appear and we'll then have a look at these PRICELINE EXPRESS offers.

Thanks.

I don't have a firm guess for the MSG property, but my guess for the ESB property would be the NH Jolly Madison Towers Hotel.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can assist further.

I see one more that is midtown central from Dec 10th to 16th. 3.5 stars 241 on hotwire, 249 on hotwire express through the links, I think its the same one.

Internet Access, Pet friendly, Boutique Hotel, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access, Spa Services

any ideas? does boutique hotel add on extra charges?

so far I did the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for 131 (I did the 156 for two double beds) for the 14th-16th. Ended up being the Roosevelt.

Congratulations on your success for this leg of your trip and thank you for sharing your win with the board.!

Hope you're pleased with the purchase and are happy to have a few nites taken care of.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities that PRICELINE EXPRESS associated with this property and showed before your purchase.

Enjoy this leg of your stay.

I am still trying to do the 10th through the 14th,

There is also a 3 star in upper east side for 256 amenities are free breakfast, pets allowed, and restaurant?

As this thread now reflects the details of your first purchase (and this thread is now linked in the Priceline Maps and Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins), please start a NEW TOPIC for the remaining nites and we will assist you there.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]