Hotwire Hotel: Trying to Identify Another 4 1/2*

toledo
By toledo,
in

8/8 one night, 4 1/2*, downtown, 100% recommended (I really hope this means something), $249

I "clicked through" and got:

free internet

smoke-free

fitness ctr.

restaurant

business ctr.

accessibility blind

"                   deaf

"                   path of travel

"                   bath

roll-in shower

handicapped parking

internet access

This must be one of the 4* that has now become a 4 1/2*.  The only one that could possibly be 100% recommended is the Pfister, but don't you guys always tell people that that rating means nothing?

The Pfister web site is showing NO AVAILABILITY, but I've gotten rooms before on Hotwire when hotels were sold out.

InterContinental is now rated 4.5* so that would be a possibility.

The only one that could possibly be 100% recommended is the Pfister, but don't you guys always tell people that that rating means nothing?

I wouldn't put to much faith in to that figure. We see this change from search to search for the same hotel.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

I "clicked through" and got:

free internet

smoke-free

fitness ctr.

restaurant

business ctr.

accessibility blind

"                   deaf

"                   path of travel

"                   bath

roll-in shower

handicapped parking

internet access

I don't believe the 'Free Internet' matches previous reports for the Hyatt as that property has never been seen with that amenity, as far as i know.

Is there also an 'Internet Access' amenity listed (in addition to the Free Internet listed)?? Using the EASY VIEW tab at BiddingHelper.com (please use it too and copy/paste the amenities as it makes it easier for us on our end to research) i'm seeing the following for this property:

Free Internet

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... if this is what you see i would agree with an upgrade of the InterContinental being the best guess and most likely outcome for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would really be angry if I got the Intercontinental.  I don't think that is what it is because it only has an 81% approval rating on tripadvisor.  I believe it's the Pfister, but don't like either at that price, and certainly am not willing to risk getting the Intercontinental.  If approval ratings don't mean anything to Hotwire and people start figuring it out, Hotwire is going to lose a lot of business.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]