Priceline Hotel: Hotel August 7-12

dianad
By dianad,
in

Morning!

I was wondering if you could help me find an affordable hotel in SF from August 7-12. So far I've not met with any success! I'm looking for a 3.5 star or better hotel anywhere in the city (not airport or South SF) for under $200. I feel like this is probably wishful thinking but I thought I'd try here before I pay over a month's rent for 5 nights in a hotel. Grr.

Also wondering if there's a sweet time to find deals on the Priceline.Express deals! I found some OK ones - just don't know if I should jump on them or if the rates will go down closer to travel time!

Thanks!

Diana

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm looking for a 3.5 star or better hotel anywhere in the city (not airport or South SF)...

To avoid any confusion, please list the zones you are willing to accept (rather than the ones that you won't accept)

... So far I've not met with any success!

What zones, star ratings, and maximum bid amount have you already tried?

Also wondering if there's a sweet time to find deals on the PRICELINE EXPRESS deals!

There is no 'best' time to bid, it all depends on how actual new reservations/cancellations come in relative to expected new reservations/cancellations (just like anything else it all comes down to supply/demand)... but if you want to read further on this subject see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the information above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi!

So far I've tried up to $190 for 3* and up for the following areas (all acceptable):

Civic Center South - Hayes Valley

Financial District - Embaradero

Fishermans Wharf

Japan Town - Civic Center North

Marina - Lombard Street

SOMA - Moscone Center

Union Square East - Nob Hill

Union Square West

Thank you!

There is a 3.5* that has not been ID'd/reported to the board, but it is showing at $204 for these dates in the CIvic Center South-Hayes Valley zone w/:

• Free Internet
  • Smoke Free Rooms
  • Fitness Center
  • Restaurant(s)
  • Business Center
  • Internet access
  • Accessible for the blind
  • Accessible for the deaf
  • Accessible path of travel
  • In-room accessibility
  • Wheelchair accessible
  • Accessible bathroom
  • Handicapped parking
  • Roll-in shower
It does have a 3.5/5 tripadvisor rating on the detail page.

Otherwise, I think you're likely looking at around $220-230 for a 3.5*+ in Union Square E/W.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

My guess for the HOTWIRE property listed by AaronJB above would be the Hotel Whitcomb, upgraded to the 3.5* level since the last time it was reported to the board.

Does this HOTWIRE property work for your needs/budget this trip?

Your thoughts?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]