Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (Millenium Park - The Loop - Grant Park) Club Quarters Central Loop Chicago

Becky5179
By Becky5179,
in

Hello,

We go to Chicago quite often, but have never had to bid over $100/night for a 3.5 star or above.  I haven't seen any major events going on in town this weekend but have gone up to $130/night for River North, Loop, and even added the Medical District.  Is there something going on in town this weekend that the rooms are so high?  Any idea how high I will need to bid?  

I'm not seeing any conventions - not sure why these dates are expensive as they are (Jay-Z concert at Soldier Field, but I wouldn't think that would cause the rates I'm seeing.) I really wouldn't suggest bidding for Medical District, which really kind of puts you in the middle of nowhere. Downtown (Millennium Park-Loop-GP or River North-NMA), I'm thinking you're likely looking at $150-165 for a 4*.

If you're driving in, you can get a nice 3.5-4* in the North burbs near a train going downtown probably for mid-upper $40's or low $50's.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks.  The reason we'll be in town is actually the Beyonce & Jay-Z concert, but I didn't think that would force rooms this high, either.  I ended up going all the way to 160 before getting accepted and got Club Quarters, which I'm not too excited about. Oh well, you win some and you lose some.  

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]