Just a few questions

stevie23
By stevie23,
in

Thank you so much in advance...

1. The hotels that assign the bedding configuration at check in, what exactly does this mean? Meaning, how much can the bedding configuration actually vary? I see each room can accommodate two people, but does this mean my partner and I might end up with two single beds? Anything else is fine...a king or queen is obviously ideal, a double is fine, but two singles? NOT ok! Could this happen?

2. I have worked out that the prices displayed in the Priceline Express Deals area in the general listing are for the total price, including taxes. Whereas when you click on the specific hotel listing, the price then comes down so you think YAY, but it's actually just not including the taxes anymore. Is this correct?

3. I've been reading a bit about re-bidding, but am unclear as to when exactly you are not allowed to re-bid? (I know there are ways around this, which I will be sure to read up on, but if you use up your re-bids, when can you actually try again as a whole new bid / transaction so to speak?)

4. This will no doubt be a ridiculous question, but I'll ask it anyway. On all the other booking sites, even if a deal is non-refundable, if you notify them within 24 hours of booking and say you've made a mistake or didn't mean to book whatever it is you booked, they will refund it. Am I right in assuming this sort of thing does NOT happen here with Priceline or Hotwire? :)

1. It's usually a "run of the house" reservation - room is assigned based upon what is available at check-in.  Hot.wire and Price.line reservations are not eligible for upgrades. You may get 1 bed, you may get 2. However, in a place like NYC, where two beds are an upgrade - when they're even available - two beds is extremely unlikely. If you want one bed, I would write or call the hotel in advance. Price.line/Hot.wire reservations are not eligible for upgrades, but they are usually fine with someone requesting something like 1 bed instead of 2. This may be put down as a non-guaranteed "request" that is noted at check-in or the hotel may be able to confirm 1 bed in advance. Depends on the hotel, day and possibly who you talk to.

2. When you click on the Express Deals listing, you are shown on the next screen the price per night plus taxes/fees. 

3.  ", but if you use up your re-bids, when can you actually try again as a whole new bid / transaction so to speak?" If you use up your available re-bids, you cannot make the same bid again for 24 hours.

4. Hot.wire and Price.line reservations cannot be refunded/changed. Once you make a purchase (Hot.wire/Price.line Express) or the bid is accepted (Price.line bidding), you are locked into that reservation.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I will add a bit to AaronJB's comments

...but two singles?

While i suppose it's possible, i don't know of any hotels in the US (where your travel appears to be heading) that have two singles in a room. The odds may go up a bit in Europe and in some other non-North American locations, but it would still be very uncommon, imo.

2. I have worked out that the prices displayed in the Priceline Express Deals area in the general listing are for the total price, including taxes. Whereas when you click on the specific hotel listing, the price then comes down so you think YAY, but it's actually just not including the taxes anymore. Is this correct?

Please change the currency menu drop down menu on the top right of PRICELINE's page to US Dollars as this should then show you rates on a per room basis, as well as help us better evaluate deals for you going forward (knowing of the rate posted is room rate or all-in)... all rates on the board are posted as room rate only before fees/taxes.

For HOTWIRE please change the COUNTRY to United States and the I to US Dollars... then repeat your search for room rate only prices.

3. I've been reading a bit about re-bidding, but am unclear as to when exactly you are not allowed to re-bid? (I know there are ways around this, which I will be sure to read up on, but if you use up your re-bids, when can you actually try again as a whole new bid / transaction so to speak?)

For now see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained, but once you're ready to start bidding we can discuss the specifics of the given location you're bidding.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]