"Name Your Own Price" amenities

JM03
By JM03,
in

Frist, please do not snap at me if I am not posting this correctly.  Also, I did browse through the FAQ's and other members' posts and did not find an answer to my question.  I have no doubt that at some point it has been asked; however, i was unable to locate that particular question/answer. 

That being said...

When bidding on Priceline using the Name Your Own Price option, you can choose your star rating and then under the rating is shows the hotel amenities.  Are the amenities listed there the only amenities the hotel offers OR just a select few? 

I am not new to using Priceline.  I have been using it for years and can generally pin down exactly which hotel we will be getting with the bidding option.  However, this time there are 3 options in the Arlington - Grand Prairie, TX area in the 3.5 star range (I am not willing to lower my star rating).  I would like to stay at the Sheraton Arlington and I am okay with paying the full retail price, but obviously if saving money is an option, I would perfer to go that route.  There are only three 3.5* hotels in that area, The Sheraton, The Hilton and Crowne Plaza.  I am trying to avoid the Hilton and Crowne Plaza because are not within walking distance of Globe Life Park.  They are close but on the other side of the major hwy and wouldnt be safe.  I am not interested in the shuttle service because 2 years ago I did that and missed the dang shuttle and had to find a cab. 

I did read somewhere to post travel info, so that is listed below.  Let me know if you need more info.

Dates:  July 11-14, 2014 (not negotiable)

Number of rooms:  2

# Guests per room:  2 adults

Hotel Rating:  3.5*

Amenities listed on Priceline:  Pool, fitness center, free parking, business center, 8+ or higher rating. 

So, are these the only amenities this hotel offers or just a select few?  I am fully aware that its a risk to bid and I just wont do it if I can't pin point it down.  I am just not much of a risk taker. 

Thank you for your time!  

The amenities on the 'Name Your Own Price' side of PRICELINE are amenities that are offered at all hotels at that star rating in the zone... not amenities for a specific hotel in the zone that you're bidding on.

If you're trying to guess as to the hotel offered, HOTWIRE is usually a better/easier option, and PRICELINE EXPRESS an option as well (but the amenities for PRICELINE EXPRESS are more generic, and fewer amenities are used, so it make things a little more difficult than HOTWIRE)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]