ORF to FLL priceline?

mrlddst
By mrlddst,
in

I am looking at flights for four people to Fort Lauderdale on Aug 22 - 30 but fares have not been within a good range. We are hoping that we can get a rate around 250 but after checking flights for weeks, I have yet to see anything below 400. We are cruising so I'm not sure if we wouldn't be stuck with a bad flight time. Any advice?

Flying in the day before so we do have some breathing room but we want to fly out the same day as the cruise returns. I'm afraid that we will get stuck with a 6am flight back.  We need something that leaves after 8am.   When I checked the stats on priceline yesterday, it had 60% of flights leaving midday.  Last time I used priceline for a flight from Norfolk to New York, I ended up with a 6am flight.  Worked out for that trip but of course that wouldn't work for a cruise.  Any advice would be great.  

Even a 9am flight would be cutting it very close, imo. (leaves no margin of error of the ship getting delayed into port, delays for clearing immigration (both the ship and yourself), retrieving your luggage if walk-off is not an option, traffic to the airport, etc, etc)

Unless you're willing to extend the trip an additional day and travel home the day after your cruise i would not use PRICELINE for airfare under these circumstances.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]