Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Times Square - Theatre District) Hotel Mela

TIM V
By TIM V,
in

Making a trip to NYC for a Yankees ball game(fathers day present) and staying Friday August 8 and Saturday August 9th. We only want to stay in Times Square for those two nights, as we both have never stayed there before. I would say our budget would be $500 for 2 nights but preferably lower. Would prefer to stay in a 4star or above.

Any help on a bidding strategy would be appreciated. There is a 4 star express deal for times square-theatre district for $205 per night and i guess i could use the SUMMER14 coupon. Is that possibly the Westin?

thanks in advance

Would prefer to stay in a 4star or above.

Are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel or you just want to get the cheapest 4*?

There is a 4 star express deal for times square-theatre district for $205 per night and i guess i could use the SUMMER14 coupon. Is that possibly the Westin?

Please list the amenities PRICELINE EXPRESS associates with the hotel you're looking at and we'll be happy to have a look at this.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

Are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel or you just want to get the cheapest 4*?

Really just want to stay in the $500 range for 2 nights so i am guessing that would get me a 4

Please list the amenities PRICELINE EXPRESS associates with the hotel you're looking at and we'll be happy to have a look at this.

Pets. Business center. Gym/spa. Restaurant

The 4* TS property as $205 is now gone and a 'new' (not sure if same hotel or not) 4* hotel is offered in the zone at $227/nite with:

Free Internet in room

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

(these amenities are common in NYC but this is possibly the Hotel Mela)

However, HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel offered in this zone at $207/nite with:

Pet Friendly

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Roll-in Shower

... my best guess for this one would be the Westin New York at Times Square.

If you only want to bid the Times Square zone, you have ONE re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Times Square...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200

If the above is rejected you can take the HOTWIRE offer at $207/nite.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes or if you have any questions.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

While perhaps not your first choice of hotel in the zone, glad to see this was the hotel expected and at this price you can make this work for your plans this trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this amenity set to the Priceline Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay and time with your dad.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]