Priceline Hotel: Bidding Help

JYHappy
By JYHappy,
in

Hi,

I would like to get some helps in how to bid for a room for 2 nights in NYC in Jun 21 to 23. This is my 1st time trying to live in NYC as I will take Megabus and has no car to drive into the city.

My budget is around $100 for a 3* hotel...not sure if this is ok.

Any help would be appriciated.

- JYHappy

Thanks AaronJB and thereuare.

I have changed my plan. Now I am going to drive to NYC. Therefore I am ok to get a hotel that can be a bit far from the city, as long as I can get easy access to subway, but I do hope to get a hotel with free parking. Please suggest an area with hotels that can fit my budget $100 to $120 with 3-star.

Also I would like to spend a night near Woodbury Common. What would be the area to bid and around how much $ for 3-star.

Thanks for your help.

... as long as I can get easy access to subway...

Do you mean being able to walk to the subway... or driving someplace where you can get the train?

... but I do hope to get a hotel with free parking.

If you're looking to be able to walk to the train then this convenience, and free parking, are usually mutually exclusive... you usually won't get both.

Please suggest an area with hotels that can fit my budget $100 to $120 with 3-star.

Depending upon your answers above, this still may be difficult... but you're more likely scenario would be at a hotel that has a nearby bus stop that will take you into Manhattan; from there you can get around via subway.

Also I would like to spend a night near Woodbury Common. What would be the area to bid and around how much $ for 3-star.

Is this a third nite in addition to the two above... OR is this in lieu of one of the nites above (and therefore only one nite in Manhattan?)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was thinking to be able to walk to subway. But, as you indicated, it would be difficult to get free parking as well as walking distance to subway.

I guess your suggestion of hotels (hopefully with free parking) with nearby bus stop to Manhattan is ok for me. Please suggest an area or area(s) that can fit my budget.

It would be a third night that I want to spend nearby Woodbury Common.

Thanks.

Not sure if intended to add Woodbury before or after your NYC dates, but would it be possible to split your dates so that you're in Woodbury the first nite (6/21) and then change your NYC-area dates to 6/22-6/24?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In NYC usually Saturday nite is less expensive than Monday nite but the idea i currently have in mind works out less expensive if you stay Sunday-Tues (instead of Sat-Mon)...

When searching 6/22-6/24 there is a 3* hotel in Seacacus-Meadowlands zone for $75/nite with:

Free Parking

Free Internet

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... best guess for this property would be the Clarion Hotel Empire Meadowlands Hotel, which if correct, there is a bus stop to NYC about 2 blocks from the hotel. (many, but not all, hotels in this zone have bus stops nearby, but should you happen to receive one that does, you have a 'last resort' option of driving to the Park N Ride where you can leave your car and take the bus from there... or drive to the Secaucus train station or a few other options)

For Woodbury Commons there are not very many hotels in that immediate area, please start a NEW TOPIC for that leg of the stay, but just so you know your 'worst case scenario' here for this nite so you can make a decision regarding the NYC leg of your trip, for 6/21 i'm currently seeing the Days Inn for $95/nite... but i would first try bidding this area, OR if you're willing to stay 30-40 minutes away (all highway driving) you can also look towards the North Jersey area where they may be some higher rated hotels for a little less.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]