Priceline Hotel: Best time to book 10/22-10/28 4* Union Square East

essah
By essah,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

For October, it's best to start looking and making initial bids now. The one note that I have in terms of flexible date/s is that rate/s can vary significantly from one day to the next. Do you know when you will have confirmed dates? What would be your desired budget per night?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi Aaron,

I want to confirm dates this week so I can purchase plane tickets.  I was looking at the Convention calendar for SFO and it looks like 10/20-10/27 are the best dates in terms of less people in conventions.  But it is cheaper to fly on Tuesdays/Wednesdays so that leaves me with 10/22 - 10/28. My desired budget would be $90-$120 p/night.  Any suggestions?  

Thanks for the help  :)

At current rates your hotel budget is not in the right ballpark... a 4* hotel in the USE zone at the moment will likely run close to $200/nite, if not a little more, for either of the above sets of dates.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Also, I am flexible with dates.

What options do I have for these dates?

Are you now committed to these dates and no longer flexible? What is the approximate price difference if you travel Tues/Wed vs. some days other than Tues/Wed?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not committed to these dates - no plane tickets bought.  October is kinda the key - would definitely like to travel this month.  I am also open to traveling the last week of October and cover a bit of November.  My budget is the same between $90-$120 p/night.  Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

If you search HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS (use our BiddingHelper.com in order to search both at the same time and then just view the tab for each) for any of your acceptable dates do you see anything in your desired zones and star ratings that are in the $90-$120 range?

Looks like HOTWIRE has 3* in Union Square for $150.

This rate may have very little to do with what it takes to win a 4* hotel on PRICELINE... or have you decided to lower your star rating as you have gotten a better feel for rates for your dates?

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move even higher, between now and your stay. For more on this subject see the related 'Book Early or Close to Arrival' link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

If you do wait i would:

1) set alerts at our sister site RateDrop so you'll receive an alert any time rates in this area that meet your criteria drop in price

2) book a refundable back-up to protect yourself from rates rising from here

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]