Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Union Square East - Nob Hill) Sir Francis Drake, a Kimpton Hotel

aoigirl
By aoigirl,
in

Hi all  

I'm a bit overwhelmed by the number of districts, have looked at this Priceline San Francisco thread.

Haven't been in the US for a while now rusty on the bidding.

i'm after either Civy Centre sth, Japan town, SOMA, Union square east, union squar west.

We can live with a 3.5 star but I think let's start at the 4 and a 4.5 level.  I'm looking at about $140 a night, given that it's weekday and not a weekend. Is that too aggressive?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Please follow-up your previous Priceline Singapore thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip, then reply here and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

... and please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you decide to do for each stay, as it helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone, as well as is a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your trip.

Thank you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There are currently no 4* hotels offered thru PRICELINE bidding in the Civic Center South or Japan Town zones, so we will adjust your request to:

4* hotel in the USE, USW, or SOMA zones up to $140/nite

If this is now correct you can try as follows...

When bidding 4* in San Francisco you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* USE...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* USW...

Select 4* Soma...

Select 4* USE and USW...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* USE and Soma...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* USE, USW, Soma...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138

If the above is rejected PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 4* hotel in the USE zone for $147/nite, but using the discount link and code in my signature takes an additional 5% OFF bringing this inline with your $140/nite, and you can simply take that offer.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Ok so I had to wait for my cc to clear up funds. I think I made a mistake on one of the rebid zones, but I got up to about $130 and still nothing.

Will try again in 24 hours. 

I didn't get in quick enough with your deal so it looks like I've missed out now. 

I'm still seeing the $147/nite deal for your dates, but the extra 5% OFF has now expired.

Let us know how the next round of bidding goes (or if you want to confirm your re-bid zones beforehand) and we'll take it from there.

Good luck!

Thanks, I'm in Australia so it's forcing it to be in AUD, and definitely $147 isn't the $190 it's saying when I go to your link!

I just played around with it and it is coming up as $177 US instead of $147US.  Do you know if there is a reason why it's doing that?

This Union Square East hotel is still offered for $147/nite... the $177 rate you're seeing is the 'all-in' rate per nite including taxes and fees (the $147/nite comes to $532 total all-in, which i assume is the same total that you are seeing)

As a side-note, the PRICELINE EXPRESS coupon in my signature has been extended until noon today (EST)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Which 4*... the PRICELINE EXPRESS for $147/nite in the USE zone with:

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Business Center

... i'm not certain, but a guess would be the Sir Francis Drake.

Priceline.express also has a 3.5* hotel in the USW zone for $134/nite and this one has a good 8.0/10.0 user review from previous guests:

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

... my guess here would be the Serrano Hotel.

Let us know how it goes or how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel guessed and that you're pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]