Priceline Hotel: 3* San Francisco (Marina - Lombard Street) Da Vinci Villa

JackBostonsMom
By JackBostonsMom,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

A few comments/clarifications before we're able to suggest a bidding strategy...

...we are travelling with our 2 year old...

Note that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. If this is not a risk you're willing to accept, HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)

...a minimum 3* hotel...

Are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3.5* vs. a 3* OR is the goal the least expensive 3* or better for this stay/

...Union Sq...

Is this both USE and USW or only one of these zones? To avoid any confusion, please list all acceptable zones, by PRICELINE name. Also, as i just replied to another user, the USW contains the 'tenderloin' area which has a bit of homelessness, i don't know of any safety issues, but their visible presence and sometimes begging for spare change does make some (who may not be used to seeing this in their home town) uneasy.

Please let us know your thoughts on the above and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks thereuare!

The goal is CHEAPEST hotel room and not willing to go below 3*.  Though in saying that if the difference between 3* and 4* was only say $15/night I'd go with 4*-5* up to a max of $200/night (incl tax).

Our son is still and probably will still be in a crib for this trip  (we will bring pack and play) so one bed is no issue for us - he isn't actually 2 yet.

I'm not incredibly familiar with the difference between USE and USW... homeless do not bother us visually, we just need it to be SAFE i.e. unlikely to get mugged returning from dinner at 8pm, or even on the way out to breakfast or for the day at 8am! 

Happy to be looking at other areas as well that would fit that criterion.

Willing to consider Hotwire as well.

For starters...

HOTWIRE has a 4.5* hotel in the USE zone for $214/nite before taxes/fees, which i'm guessing would be the Taj Campton Place... this is over your $200/nite all-in budget, but since much higher star rating, i figured i'd mention in case you were willing to pay a little more than your stated budget for the higher rated hotel.

The next closest to your budget would be a 3.5* USW property for $178/nite which, after using the discount link and code in my signature, comes to $611/nite, just about $2-3/nite over your budget. This property is only showing a 'Pets Allowed' amenity so i don't have any insight into which one it may be.

HOTWIRE also has a 3* hotel in the USE zone for $157/nite (only 1 room left so may or may not be offered depending upon when you see this thread and do your search) with:

Complimentary Breakfast

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Smoke Free

Hi-Speed Internet

Wheelchair Accessible

... my guess here would be a new amenity set for the Powell.

Based upon the above choices, which would be your most likely choice? From there we can develop a bidding strategy based upon the star rating and price of the option you choose.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we will take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

4.5* hotel in the USE zone for $214/nite before taxes/fees  - this will be out of our price range as the AUD$ is rather weak at the moment.

The 3.5* or 3* would be my preference for budget. How much do you think we could get away with a 3.5* property on priceline for in

Fishermans wharf, USE/W, embercardo ?

thanks

The next closest to your budget would be a 3.5* USW property for $178/nite which, after using the discount link and code in my signature, comes to $611/nite, just about $2-3/nite over your budget

The rate above would come to $169/nite after the current promotion... so if you'd be willing to bid up to $169/nite we can start low and set the bids to gradually increase in price while using all your zones and re-bid zones.

Is $169 an acceptable maximum bid for a 3.5* hotel for this stay? (if not, what would be your maximum bid for a 3.5* property)

When bidding 3.5* in San Francisco you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* USE and USW...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* Embarcadero and Fishermans Wharf...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* USE and Embarcadero...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* USW and Fishermans Wharf...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* USE and Fishermans Wharf...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $143, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* USW and Embarcadero...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $143, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* USE, USW, Embarcadero...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* USE, USW, Fishermans Wharf...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* USE, USW, Embarcadero, Fishermans Wharf...

Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $168

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• 1 month later...

Congratulations on your success!

Given the high rates for these dates hope you're happy with the hotel and deal you received and this will work for your needs this trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]