Hotwire Hotel: Help ID San Diego Hotel

HollyJR
By HollyJR,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

If you repeat your search using our Bidding.Helper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see:

Free Parking,Free Breakfast,Free Internet,Pet friendly,Pool(s),Self service laundry,Internet access

The 45% approval rating from Hot.wire customers and 3/5 tripadvisor rating is a little concerning.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing...

Are you using the method above to view the amenities??

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As well as knowing how many rooms you're including in your search please also include in your reply:

-what you are entering for the city/location

-if you use the HOTWIRE tab of BiddingHelper.com and click the offer, then click BOOK NOW, then on the next page in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See amenities' box... do you see only see five amenities (are are there seven?)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry for the delay in reply, I was out of town. 

So I ran my search today, and the price is now $62,  here is what i did....

Bidding Helper, typed in San Diego, CA  Check in 07/04/14 check out 07/07/14, 1 room, 2 adults, 2 kids (10 and 4)

Next Page, Hotwire Easy View Tab:  Unslected all areas, reselected Vista - Escondido

4 hotels listed ($ 153.00/4*) ($ 62.00/2*)  ($ 171.00/3*)  ($ 155.00/2.5*)

Clicked Continue under the offer for the $ 62.00, Hotwire page opened up.  Hot Rate Hotel, 65% Recommended.

Clicked Book Deal, Under Trip Summary, there is no See Ammenities' box, but here is what I see.

Trip Summary

Vista - Escondido area Hotel

** (2 stars out of 5)

Travel Date

Check-in Fri, Jul 04, 2014

Check-out Mon, Jul 07, 2014

Room Type

Hot Rate

Free Breakfast, Free Internet, Pool(s), See More (link, when clicked) it adds Self Service Laundry, Internet Access

Then it give me summary of charges.

Does that help?

Holly

...2 adults, 2 kids (10 and 4)...

This is the key difference, as different results can often be seen when searching for double vs. quad occupancy.

You need to be very careful with this one as i believe there are currently two different hotels being offered from one search to the next, one with a 50% recommendation from previous guests, and one with a 65% recommendation... if you look at the breakdown of user recommendations the 50% one has a few 2.5/5.0 among the rankings... the 65% one has 3/5 or better across the board.

1) can you confirm which one you're seeing

2) we can probably come up with a few possibilities, but not confidently narrow this down to one specific property... are you comfortable with the low ratings above and not having a very good handle on which hotel it is most likely to be?

What exactly are your needs for this trip? (maybe there is something nearby that is better rated and also suitable for your needs)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I have seen both the 50% and the 65% at different times (I have run it a few times since I posted the first request).

I have been watching the rates and specials hoping to fine a deal I couldn't pass up before I start really bidding for this trip.  We will need 2 hotel rooms (1 in San Diego, this bid) and 1 in Anahaim for the rest of the trip (07/07-07/12). 

I was trying to ID this deal to see if this was a good deal on a 2* that is an above agerage 2* or if it is a just a 2* and I will should keep looking.  I think on this one I will pass and keep an eye out.  I am going to start my bidding next week using your Bidding.Helpper.

With the lower user recommendation percentages these aren't anything i would feel the need to jump on at the moment (although rates for these dates do generally seem high in this zone).

Once you're ready to bid, if you would like help with a bidding strategy let us know your desired star rating and maximum bid and we will advise accordingly.

In the meantime you can/should sign up for a few alerts using our new RateDrop service and you can get an email anytime a hotel in your desired star rating and zones drops to your desired price point (and you can set alerts for 'known' hotel names too)

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know how we can be of further help along the way.

Let us know once you're ready to move forward, but in the future please wait until you're plans are firm and you're ready to commit before asking for hotel ID's, as the hotels above may not be the ones that are offered (or the prices may change substantially no longer making them viable options) once you're ready to make your purchase.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Help ID San Diego Hotel. 3* El Cajon - Santee- Alpine

Dates:    07/04/2014 - 07/07/2014

Rooms:  1, 2 adults, 2 kids (10 &4)

Amenities:  Free Parking, Free Breakfast, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique Hotel, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Business Center, Self service laundry, Tennis Nearby, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking

The note is that the last one was Ayres Lodge Alpine.

Thank you in advance!

Please keep all posts in the same thread since posts are for the same stay.

Best guess would be Ayres Lodge Alpine.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

PS. Don't forget to update your Hotwire Disneyland request when you have made a decision

I think I am getting closer!   :rolleyes:

2* Mira Mesa Area    $ 104.00/night    80% Recommended

Dates:  07/04/14 - 07/07/2014

Rooms:  2 adults, 2 kids (10,4)

Amenities:  Free Parking, Free Breakfast, Free Internet, Pet Friendly, Self Service Laundry

Thank you!

I have a new one.....

2* Vista - Escondido     $ 88.00/night  70% Recommended

Dates:  07/04/14 - 07/07/2014

Rooms:  2 adults, 2 kids (10,4)

FULL AMENITIES: Free Breakfast, Free Internet, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Self service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for the blind, Handicapped parking.

Thanks for your help!

My guess for this one would be the Super 8 Wild Animal Park. However, I'm only seeing this property when searching for 2adults/0children... are you still including the children in your search?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]