Priceline Hotel: Bidding Advice Orange County (Newport-Huntington) 6/22-6/30 for 3 rooms

Possum50
By Possum50,
in

Hi there,

I am hoping for some bidding advice on the following:

Orange County (Newport-Huntington area ONLY).  Preferably 4 Star, but will consider 3.5.  I know there are a few rebid zones for this area.

Dates are 6/22/2014-6/30/2014.  We require three rooms.  Given the length of the stay and the three room requirement what is a good price to expect?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Phil

Please read your messages and click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we will have a look at the property above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Thank you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think you are more likely looking at $115-$135 for a 4* hotel... the $75-$95 for a 3.5* hotel.

Given the extra discount available today (see the link and code in my signature) we will first try a 4* up to your limit, then you can let us know if you want to try again at the 4* level with a higher bid amount OR try for a 3.5* property.

When bidding 4* in this region you have THIRTEEN re-bid zones (we won't use them all right now though so that you can bid again if the following is rejected and you want to try again while the discount link/code is still in effect). If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Newport-Huntington...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90

Any questions feel free to ask. As noted above, if rejected let us know if you'd like to try again bidding higher for a 4* or lower your star rating to 3.5 star.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 3.5* level you have SEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Newport - Huntington...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90

If the above is rejected, PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 3.5* hotel for $102, but the discount link and code in my signature gives an additional 10% OFF (expires tonite) bringing this down to $92/nite:

Free Internet in room

Outdoor Pool

Free Parking

Restaurant

Airport Shuttle

Business Center

Fitness Center

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Tried with the 3.5 star with no success yet. 

We will keep trying this for the next couple of weeks.

Also, (sorry to ask another question) - I have looked at the 'North Huntington/Fountain Valley area' and we would also be happy with any of the 3 star properties in that area.  (it only starts at 3 stars).  Would it be possible for some advice on how to incorporate this into our bidding also?

Thanks again...

Are you willing to accept a 3* hotel in the Newport-Huntington?

If yes, we can revise current strategy for a 3* in either the Newport-Huntington or the North Huntington/Fountain Valley zone.

If not, then bidding for the North Huntington/Fountain Valley zone would be a separate strategy.

Please confirm the above, as well as let us know your maximum bid for the North Huntington/Fountain Valley (if different than the $90 above) and we will advise accordingly.

PS- did you not see the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal in time or not interested in that at $92/nite??

Hi again,

From what I can tell, there are no 3 stars in the Newport-Huntington Zone... only 3.5?

We are probably more keen to try and get the Fountain Valley area so might be best to try that as a different strategy?

I did look at the Express Deals in time, however from my end was showing around $126...I couldn't see one for $103 (that would end up around $92)

We are willing to bid up to $100 for both Newport-Huntington and Fountain Valley strategies.

Thank you.

From what I can tell, there are no 3 stars in the Newport-Huntington Zone... only 3.5?

If you go to PRICELINE and select the 'Newport-Huntington Beach' zone, in the list of star ratings below the zones you're able to select 3 stars, so it's best to assume that PRICELINE offers 3* hotels in this zone.

I did look at the Express Deals in time, however from my end was showing around $126...I couldn't see one for $103 (that would end up around $92)

In the future let us know as we can provide you a link directly to the deal we had seen. Double check the dates and zone at the landing page, but here is a link to the 3.5* hotel for $103 as it still appears to be available: 3.5* Priceline Express Deal $103/nite

We are probably more keen to try and get the Fountain Valley area so might be best to try that as a different strategy?

We are willing to bid up to $100 for both Newport-Huntington and Fountain Valley strategies.

Given my comments above regarding 3* hotels in the Newport-Huntington Beach zone, which would you like to try for first? (or do you have an interest in the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal linked above)

Thank you for the link - in future I will remember this if I can't find a deal when I search.

I think we would prefer to try and bid on PRICELINE first, before going with the priceline.Express, given that we still have 4 weeks until our arrival date.

We are willing to accept 3 star in huntington-newport as well as fountain valley - so am happy to go with a strategy that includes 3 star in both areas.

Thank you,

I think we would prefer to try and bid on PRICELINE first, before going with the PRICELINE EXPRESS, given that we still have 4 weeks until our arrival date.

... but keep in mind that the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal could disappear (or the rate could move higher) while you continue to bid over the next few weeks.

If you want to try bidding, i would try as follows (still SEVEN re-bid zones at the 3.5* level... NO re-bid zones at the 3* level):

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* North Huntington-Fountain Valley...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Newport - Huntington...

Bid $85, if rejected add North Huntington-Fountain Valley...

Bid $90

If the above if rejected wait 24 hours and re-try, once again use this link to re-access PRICELINE (and not the link in any emails that PRICELINE may send letting you know that you're eligible to bid again):

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* North Huntington-Fountain Valley...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Newport - Huntington...

Bid $95, if rejected add North Huntington-Fountain Valley...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

We tried again tonight with the second round and still no luck.

Should we keep trying for another few days or a week to see?

Also, do you think we'd have better luck if we bid for the rooms separately (instead of all 3 at once) and roll the dice at getting different properties.  All 3 couples will have our own cars, so if we do end up with separate properties it wouldn't be that terrible.  Thanks!

"Should we keep trying for another few days or a week to see?"

You might consider making cancelable back-up reservations.  Then you can keep trying more comfortably.  I'm not one of them, but there are people with "nerves of steel" that bid even the last few days - and sometimes are successful.  You've still got about 4 weeks.

There are quite a few Priceline properties that offer free cancelation.  Just be sure to read all the fine print.

Romelle

I wouldn't bid separately as it will take away some of the fun of having everyone be together for this trip (assuming of course you like those that you're tavelling with ;) ), as well, you have an option for less than you have already bid:

If you click THIS LINK (confirm the dates on the landing page) this is a 3.5* hotel in the Newport - Huntington Beach zone for $102/nite. Using the code in my signature gives an extra 5% OFF which brings this lower than you have already bid.

Does this work for your plans?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]