Priceline Hotel: 5* Miami (Downtown) Intercontinental Miami

dtownjbrown
By dtownjbrown,
in

Hi All - I was planning to go PL before researching this board and am now considering a HW Hot Deal.  Looking for one night pre-cruise hotel near port on June 19th.  Would like to be able to do some leisurely shopping, dining and people watching within walking distance of whatever hotel I choose.  

The hot deal shows rate of $85 (discounted from $159), 75% recommended (of 384 total reviews), 6.0-7.0 mi (but not sure what this means), with internet access, pool, fitness & business center,

restaurant, and self service laundry.  Also, standard rate hotels near this hot deal are:

- 2*    River Park    ($70)

- 5*    Viceroy        ($240)

- 4.5* Epic             ($297)

- 3*    Courtyard    ($139)

- 5*    JW Marquis  ($242)

Thanks in advance,

JB

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

This would be a possible match for the Hyatt Miami or Intercontinental Miami, but I would lean towards the Hyatt as more likely.

The "retail price" showing is not the retail price of the underlying hotel, it is an average of comparable hotels in the area.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

This would be a possible match for the Hyatt Miami or Intercontinental Miami, but I would lean towards the Hyatt as more likely.

Aaron - thanks for the speedy reply!  I was really hoping I would luck up on the Intercontinental as I have heard great things all around, but I guess the Hyatt could work to.  I'm off to do some review reading and internet map searches :-)

Thanks again,

JB

Can someone please help me confirm the below listed zones would result in free re-bids for 4* in downtown Miami?  I want to make sure before I start bidding, because if this is right....it looks like I might be able to get a whopping 26 re-bids (based on permutation calculations) before PL would make me wait 24hours to re-bid.  Could this many be right? :-)

Priceline Zone               Highest Rating

Aventura                                  3

Miami Lakes - Hialeah            3.5

Miami West                              3

North Miami.                             3

Soutwest Miami                        3

Thanks in advance,

JB

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel use the ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN button on the lower right corner of this thread, and the entire thread will automatically be moved (if necessary) to the correct section of the board.

Yes, the above re-bid zones are correct... but always double check just before bidding to make sure that nothing has changed since you last looked.

I'm off to do some... internet map searches :-)

I'd recommend our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com which will show you hotels near almost any address in the world, and the interface makes it very easy to see how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating OR to stay closer/further from your ideal location.

As well, once you click a hotel, inside the infowindow is a link to the 'Walkscore' of the hotel as well as showing you nearby restaurants, coffee shops, bars, shopping, etc. :)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Okay and thanks, I will keep posting here (on the HW forum) until I either win a PL bid or book a HW Hot Deal.  

My next question is about PL free re-bid permutations.  I think I have the “free re-bid permutations” figured out but wanted to make sure.  Based on the previously posted 5 "free re-bid" zones, let’s call my desired location Zone A (downtown Miami) and the “free re-bid” zones B, C, D, E & F.  If my permutations below are correct (please let me know if they are/are not), it looks like I would get a total of 26 free re-bids.  My question is, just so I’m clear, if I start my bidding at $50 and add $1 every time I enter the next re-bid permutation zone combination, I’d reach $76 before PL would make me wait 24 hours, is that correct?

AB 
AC   
AD  
AE  
AF  
ABC
ABD
ABE
ABF
ACD
ACE
ACF
ADE
ADF
AEF
ABCD
ABCE
ABCF
ABDE
ABDF
ABEF
ABCDE
ABCDF
ABCEF
ABCDEF                

They say practice makes perfect, so I practiced with several 'low-ball' bids on PL tonight.  Started at $60 then added a buck with every free re-bid until reaching $75.  All were rejected but I at least I feel a less apprehensive about the process now :-).  Tomorrow, I will pick up where I left off and of course will report back if I happen to win one of my low ball bids :-)

Thanks again,

JB

There is currently a 4* hotel offered in this zone on PRICELINE EXPRESS for $83/nite so i wouldn't bid any higher than this.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately end up with.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

YAY!  I won my first bid AND got the hotel I was hoping for.  I changed my "original" booking date from pre-cruise to post-cruise and my bid was accepted after 5 free re-bids, which started at $55 and increased $5 with each new bid.  I'm super stocked!  Am going to try my luck with a 3-star pre-cruise to see if I'm on a winning streak and will use the betterbidding PRICELINE link (sorry, I forgot the first time).

Thanks for all your help,

Julie B

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you scored a great deal for this leg of your trip and are pleased with the results.

For help with, or to report a win for, the other leg of your stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please try to remember to use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin all your bidding, searches, and travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay (and cruise).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]