Hotwire Hotel: 4* Boston (Waterfront - Convention Center) Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel

HARBLGHT
By HARBLGHT,
in

Hello,

I've been using Hotwire for a few years when traveling, but just came across this site recently.  I am looking for some assistance trying to determine a Hotel I have been watching for a few weeks.  Below are the details:

Boston Waterfront-North End  5 STAR

July 28th - 29th 2014

4 guests

Today's price is $236

100% recommended

I am thinking maybe the Intercontinental?  I know there are not too many choices for 5 star Waterfront that also have a pool.

Amenities listed by using the easy view tool:

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access, Spa Services, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

Thanks for your Help!!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

The Intercontinental would be the most likely guess for this amenity set. The Boston Harbor hotel has been seen with somewhat similar amenities, so there is a possibility it could be that with a new amenity set, but the Intercontinental would be most likely.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for the fast replies!   I was hoping for Boston Harbor, but I don't think that is the one.  The Intercontinental seems like a nice Hotel as well, just afraid of getting a small room with double beds. 

I am still watching it for awhile, as I have noticed that it has dropped in price since I started looking at it a few weeks ago.  I will definately use the links & post results once I decide to buy.

Thanks Again!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Just booked this, and have to say I wasn't very happy - 1st off,  this Hotel was not listed anywhere as one of Hotwire's Hotels, on this forum or any others sites that I have researched. (not blaming this forum - I know things change)

next  I've been researching this for weeks, and everytime I pulled up this particular Hot Rate Hotel it Said "Book soon the last person who booked  got the Seaport Boston".  Well after seeing that for 2 weeks about 3 times a day, and seeing the Hotels listed under 4 star hotels here (Seaport & Westin)  I thought I was pretty safe bet that I would get the Seaport (Westin doesn't list Spa)

Ameneties Listed here:

FULL AMENITIES: Indoor pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Spa Services, Accessible path of travel, Handicapped parking

Much to my surprise it was the Renaissance.  I stayed there last year through Price.line, and really didn't want to stay there again (not that its a bad hotel)

So I guess you can add Renaissance Boston to your 4 Star list for Hotwire.

I think Hotwire's little popup is very misleading, especially when it hasn't changed in the last several weeks always saying the last person booked the Seaport.   

Figured this would be good info for someone.

Sorry to see you didn't receive the hotel you were hoping for.

For the future, note that the "Last person received..." information is relative to the last purchase in the zone at that star rating... NOT necessarily for the specific hotel being offered. Feel free to ask the board for and before your next opaque purchase.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay... hope it goes better than your last visit.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]