Hotwire fees

soleglo
By soleglo,
in

I am traveling to FLL 5/14-5/16 and have been consistently monitoring car rental prices.  I previously tried to win a compact car for $10 on PL but did not. They countered but I found a cheaper reservation with Alamo on my own.  It is  for 3 days for a total of $83 which includes fees and taxes.  (Midsize car @ 19.67/day)  Hot.wire is offering a midsize car for $10.95/day and a total of $98.20.  I have noticed that when the per day cost goes down, the fees go up.  Has anyone else noticed this??

I haven't noticed the fees/taxes issue, but for this rental if you're willing to accept one of the second tier players, FOX Rent a Car has a midsize for $9/day or $45 all-in. (found using our Car Rental Rate Checker)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can confirm the terms of your current reservation, but they can usually be canceled at the last minute without any penalty... i would continue to try bidding on PRICELINE and monitoring HOTWIRE (and regular rates using the Car Rental Checker) to see if you can 'better' this deal in the next week as your pick-up date approaches.

Let us know if any changes to your current plan.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Have a good trip and drive safely. :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 years later...

Yes, the price shown is the final price... unless you choose additional add-ons such as GPS, insurance, car seats, etc.

Also, don't forget our BiddingHelper.com tool offers a CAR RENTAL button to make your car rental pursuit a bit easier.

If you would like us to have a look at a specific rental that you're considering please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]