Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Financial District-Embarcadero) Le Meridien San Francisco

JDHayes
By JDHayes,
in

At current rates it think your $140 budget will fall just a bit shy for a 4* hotel, but to give it a try...

When bidding 4* in San Francisco you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Financial...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* SOMA...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Financial and SOMA...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 weeks later...

At current rates it think your $140 budget will fall just a bit shy for a 4* hotel, but to give it a try

I have bid on 3 (possibly 4) different occasions using the strategy outlined above, but have had no success. I plan to try bidding again as the trip gets a bit closer.

Not surprising as per my original comment.

You should also sign up for an alert thru our new site RateDrop, as you can then be notified if there are any rate drops for 4 star hotels in any of the areas you're bidding (either on HOTWIRE, PRICELINE EXPRESS, or 'regular rate' hotels)... as any lower prices thru any of these sources might be a good time to try your bids again.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

I saw a 4* Financial District-Embarcadero Express Deal for $130/night. I began bidding at $110 and re-bid in $2 increments until my offer was accepted at $120. I have stayed at the Le Meridien before and I am extremely happy about the hotel and, more importantly, the price. I used BetterBidding's [url=http://www.betterbidding.com/clicks/click.php?afsrc=1&id=40]PRICELINE[/url] link to begin my bidding and I cannot say enough good things about BetterBidding!

Congrats on your success. :)

Very good deal for this San Fran property and glad you are looking forward to your stay!  Thank you so much for your compliments on Betterbidding, they are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]