Hotwire Hotel: Paris 4*-hotwire

daniscalon
By daniscalon,
in

Please provide a follow-up for your prior NYC Priceline thread (post in that thread what you decided for that stay), then reply to this thread and we'll be happy to look into the above. Please follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Also include your date(s) for your upcoming stay in the answer.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

Sorry for not giving a follow-up on my previous NYC thread. I thought it wasn’t necessary as I didn’t booked the hotel using either PL or HW. But I did post the follow-up now!

I’m planning to stay in Paris between 05/25 thru 05/30.

Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks!

Regards,

Daniela

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

This is what i'm seeing for the 4* hotel in this zone when searching as per above:

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Indoor Pool

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Spa

... if this is what you're seeing, my best guess for this one would be the Westside Arc de Triomphe.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

PS- please include the room rate per nite in your posts as it makes it easier to find the same hotel among the offerings when we research your trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello thereuare!

I thank you really much for your tips. Now that you have given me the hotel name, I'm giving up of Hotwire and started to bid at Priceline.

I was looking for a 5* Hotel at Opera Quarter West - Jardin des Tuileries.

This is what I've done: I started check all areas of the map that haven't any five star hotel in there, leaving out just four areas unchecked so I could rebbid.

Of course I didn't checked other areas that has 5* hotels, because I don't want to stay in those areas.

When I made this, Priceline showed that the mean price for a 5* hotel in all those areas was $217, so my first bid was $230, with no success.

Then I bidded $250, no success again, then $280, fail, then, at last, $300. So I went over with rebbidings options.

I would like to seek your advice about what is the value of a 5* Hotel at Opera Quarter West - Jardin des Tuileries's area or, else, at Champs Elysees - Arc De Triomphe's area.

Many thanks!

Best regards,

Daniela.

PS: I've tried to bid through BiddingHelper link but I got some weird behavior in Priceline's site. I don't know if any script within the site went wrong, but it didn't respond when I clicked the button after I choose the method of payment.

I'm not really sure what you're using for your re-bid zones but when bidding 5* in Paris you have FIFTEEN re-bid zones available... if you're unsure feel free to confirm your re-bid zones with the board (and use the method here to determine your re-bid zones: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained)

If you're only looking to bid the OQW and Arc de Triomphe zones i think you're likely looking in the $310-$340 area for a 5* hotel... are you willing to increase your bid a little higher than you have already tried? (ALSO, am i correct that you have not yet bid the Arc de Triomphe zone??)

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your appreciate,

Yes, I know that I have 15 chances, but, the more areas I checked, lower the average price of the hotel,

but apparently, it doesn't matter, right? Beside this, my budget target was $300, so I didn't need many areas to rebbid.

I didn't try to bidding Arc de Triomphe zones yet, because my prefered area is OQW, but I'm going to do this today, since

I didn't got the hotel there. Also, I was feeling afraid that the hotel of the Arc de Triomphe region could be near the edges

of the area bounded by Priceline.

What do you suggest? Do you have any idea which ones would be the 5* hotels at this both areas?

Thank you verry much!

Daniela.

All 5* Paris hotels that are reported (there could also be non-reported 5* hotels) to the board can be found in this link: Priceline Paris Hotels

About the different zones. You need to look at the PRICELINE maps for the zones and decide if you're OK to stay be anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zones. And have in mind that you can get a hotel right on the edge of a zone.

I hope this answer your questions.

Let us know how we can help you further with your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

My guess is that a 5* hotel in the Arc de Triomphe zone will be more expensive than the OQW zone, but if both are acceptable, this is how i would bid using your 15 re-bid zones:

Select 5* Arc de Triomphe...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $220, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $225, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $230, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $235, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 5* Opera Quarter West...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $220, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $225, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $230, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $235, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 5* Arc de Triomphe and Opera Quarter West...

Bid $240, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $245, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $250, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $255, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $260, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $265, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $270, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $275, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $280, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $285, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $288, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $290, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $293, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $295, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $298, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $300

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Hello yellowdog and thereuare,

I would accept all the 5* hotels that have been reported here in Betterbidding (Priceline Paris Hotels) , but it seems that the hotel at the Arc de Triomphe area is the Hotel De Vigny, and I don't want to stay there, because it isn't close to the subway and not well spoken on Trip Avisor.

So I ended up trying only in OQW zone, according to what was suggested to me by thereuare.

I've tried to bid up to $310 but, unfortunately, they did not accept. I do not know if it's worth keep trying...

Anyway, thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

Daniela.

Sorry to see that you don't hit anything.

I've tried to bid up to $310 but, unfortunately, they did not accept. I do not know if it's worth keep trying...

I think you need to stretch your budget $20-30/night to have a chance at OQW.

If you don't want to go higher. Are you willing to bid 4* or look at different zones? 

Let us know your thoughts and we'll go from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]