Priceline Hotel: 3* New Orleans (Downtown) Wyndham Garden Hotel Baronne Plaza

ATLtripper
By ATLtripper,
in

Been researching these, hard to pin down. For some reason, the PL bids seem much much lower than the PRICELINE EXPRESS deals. Probably due to the FQ location.

3½ Star. Guest Score: Rated 8.0out of 10 (or higher) guest favorite

One night - Thursday May 8th

Rate is $147 (supposedly 45% off)

Guaranteed Amenities:
Free Internet in public areas
Outdoor Swimming Pool
Restaurant
Business Center
Fitness Center

It gives a bed choice for 2 beds. I'm trying to put 4 ppl in but of course, if this is twins I'm in big trouble. (I'm considering this as a backup and looking to try low bid 2 rooms since they seem much better deals vs. PLE or Hotwire.) My best guess is it's the Doubletree. Thanks.

Then there's this one. Same date, May 8th, also w/ bed choice of 2 beds. 

$118

3 Star Guest Score: Rated 8.0out of 10 (or higher )guest favorite

Guaranteed Amenities:
Free Breakfast
Free Internet in room
Outdoor Swimming Pool
Fitness Center

My guess is the Wyndham but don't know about the breakfast. Hotwire has a similar deal (entering 4 ppl in a room, so guessing 2 beds) for $153; 3* w/ free breakfast, internet, pet friendly, biz center, 90% rec in FQ MS River zone... makes me think this one is the Best Western St. Christopher. Again, any advice would be great. 

I'm considering this as a backup...

The hotels above may not be the ones offered, or the prices may have changed substantially that they are no longer viable options, once you're ready to consider these.

Please try your first plan of action first (ie- bidding on PRICELINE) and if that fails, and you're ready to move forward with a PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE property, we'll research what is offered at that time.

If you'd like help with a PRICELINE bidding strategy let us know which zone(s) you're willing to accept as well as your desired star rating and maximum bid.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I went up to $80 each on the two rooms, $194 total for a 4* bid for either FQ or DT. I plan on dropping to 3.5* tonight, same max. I'd already tried dropping to 3* max bid was $75 per room (limited to FQ).

Sorry for the confusion; my max for each room is an $80 bid; later I'll drop to 3.5* star and see if it gets accepted. It's a matter of weighing that (bid 2 rooms) vs. accepting the one room on a blind deal. (then hoping that one room holds 4; meaning I'm probably going to 'overpay' on HW, to make sure I can opt for 4 adults). It's just, these offers seem rather high for the star categories (esp. 3*) and 80% favorable, all things considered. If I don't get the bid accept tonight, I will repost when ready to go ahead w/ PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE offer. Thanks.

For a 4* hotel you'll like need to be in the $110-$130 area... $80-$100 for a 3.5*... or $60-$75 for a 3* (if you include Downtown in your bidding... otherwise close to the same price as a 3.5*.

If you need help with a bidding strategy let us now and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Won this after dropping to the 3* category (current web searches range from $110-149/night for same property). Could have sworn I was up to $75 the other night, including this DT zone. Place gets mixed reviews but vs. paying occupancy charges, 4 ppl in a room elsewhere (best deals we were seeing were $200+). This place is only a block or so off Canal, FQ so I am happy with this win all things considered. Looking forward to the trip, thanks. And yes, I bid thru the PRICELINE links. :-)

That place is ok. Unlike many 3* hotels, they don't tack on a "resort" fee (at least not last time I stayed there). There is a parking garage on O'Keefe you can park for $15 a night. It's kind of across from the big garage with the big lighted signs (they charge $20), but it's about half a block before that (toward Poydras).

• 3 weeks later...

only there one night so we just parked at the hotel; it's a small garage though, tough for large vehicles. We were fine w/ the hotel. clean, beds very comfy. yes some rooms didn't have a good window and there was that old, musty smell (zapped after a few minutes of a/c). I wouldn't pay normal rates but would be fine getting this place again for a bargain bid.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]